by Tucson » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:29 am
I guess it is a matter of taste, but DD always wore the heavier Ringors and she was pretty fast down the line (not elite, but respectable.)
I wear the identical field shoes and I like the fact that they protect my foot and toes. And they give a lot of support.
Some cleats that I have tried on recently offered no more toe protection than soccer shoes.
I think if DD finds cleats that she likes, you should buy at least 2 pairs, because it seems like a good pair is always hard to find, again.
I tried on a lot of cleats yesterday and finally found a decent pair that are Nike's, but they were in the men's section. They are so narrow, I can't imagine a man wearing them. So, it pays to look at the men's cleats, too.