Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Heybucket White Cane Award

What's on your mind?

by GSB » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:25 pm

WildRoseCoach wrote:
After the game and after the team meeting, heading up to see when tomorrows game start, I see the TD and the UIC talking to this umpire gesturing about calling those pitches strikes, then the UIC points at me and says something to the umpire. As I was walking back by the still on-going conference I see the TD point to the parking lot and the umpire wasn't seen the rest of the Tournament.


Maybe UIC reads the bucket and is finally taking the job seriously. I take that as a success story. Maybe the PU just had to go. Either way, bad umpire is gone and can't screw up any more games.

Where were you playing and did you get his name or description? Don't say the guy in a blue shirt. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
To each their own.
User avatar
GSB
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

by noclu13 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:10 pm

WildRoseCoach wrote:Yup no video so I fail.... but.....

Play at 2B on a steal, the throw draws our SS into the runner and a big collision, while both players are laying down 5 feet from the bag, the CF tags the runner. Blue calls the runner safe. I go out and ask, "Did the runner beat the throw or was it interference on our SS?" She responds with Interference. The UIC was sitting beside our dugout as I walk past and loudly whisper... No such thing as defensive interference, she doesn't even know the rules! I was sort of laughing because we were up 16-6 towards the end of the game so it really didn't matter that much.


I have to ask the question........ You are ahead by 10 runs towards the end of the game ...... and you are stealing????? :o
noclu13
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:33 am

by wadeintothem » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:27 pm

noclu13 wrote:
WildRoseCoach wrote:Yup no video so I fail.... but.....

Play at 2B on a steal, the throw draws our SS into the runner and a big collision, while both players are laying down 5 feet from the bag, the CF tags the runner. Blue calls the runner safe. I go out and ask, "Did the runner beat the throw or was it interference on our SS?" She responds with Interference. The UIC was sitting beside our dugout as I walk past and loudly whisper... No such thing as defensive interference, she doesn't even know the rules! I was sort of laughing because we were up 16-6 towards the end of the game so it really didn't matter that much.


I have to ask the question........ You are ahead by 10 runs towards the end of the game ...... and you are stealing????? :o


In men's ball its common and expected to go station to station once ahead by a margin like that.

In JO.. not so much. In fact, almost rare.

More rare than a confirmed video of a bad umpire call in a heybucket member's game..

You'd think GSB was asking for a chupacabras video or something.. jeez.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
User avatar
wadeintothem
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:44 pm

by noclu13 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:03 am

I have coached for a lot of years and have seen what you are talking about. Ahead by 10 runs late in the game stealing bases. I know some do it but those that do are APOC. What are you tryng to prove at that point?
noclu13
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:33 am

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:16 am

noclu13 wrote:
WildRoseCoach wrote:Yup no video so I fail.... but.....

Play at 2B on a steal, the throw draws our SS into the runner and a big collision, while both players are laying down 5 feet from the bag, the CF tags the runner. Blue calls the runner safe. I go out and ask, "Did the runner beat the throw or was it interference on our SS?" She responds with Interference. The UIC was sitting beside our dugout as I walk past and loudly whisper... No such thing as defensive interference, she doesn't even know the rules! I was sort of laughing because we were up 16-6 towards the end of the game so it really didn't matter that much.


I have to ask the question........ You are ahead by 10 runs towards the end of the game ...... and you are stealing????? :o


I have to ask the question ... how does a SS steal ?

But WildRose ... when you asked the Blue if it was INT, did you really expect her to correct you ? ( presuming she did know the rules ) ... I called OBS last week in a game and awarded 1 base, the Coach looking for 2 bases came out and asked " Doesn't she get 2 bases on INT ? " I just said no ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
User avatar
GIMNEPIWO
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 am
Location: Between Rock & Hard Place

by WildRoseCoach » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:46 am

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
noclu13 wrote:
WildRoseCoach wrote:Yup no video so I fail.... but.....

Play at 2B on a steal, the throw draws our SS into the runner and a big collision, while both players are laying down 5 feet from the bag, the CF tags the runner. Blue calls the runner safe. I go out and ask, "Did the runner beat the throw or was it interference on our SS?" She responds with Interference. The UIC was sitting beside our dugout as I walk past and loudly whisper... No such thing as defensive interference, she doesn't even know the rules! I was sort of laughing because we were up 16-6 towards the end of the game so it really didn't matter that much.


I have to ask the question........ You are ahead by 10 runs towards the end of the game ...... and you are stealing????? :o


I have to ask the question ... how does a SS steal ?

But WildRose ... when you asked the Blue if it was INT, did you really expect her to correct you ? ( presuming she did know the rules ) ... I called OBS last week in a game and awarded 1 base, the Coach looking for 2 bases came out and asked " Doesn't she get 2 bases on INT ? " I just said no ...


LOL thanks..no we weren't stealing they were!

I figured she would correct me instead of shaking her head and saying yes.
WildRoseCoach
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:10 am

by wadeintothem » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:49 pm

I dont use the wrong terms speaking; often quoting the rule verbatim just so there is no protestable issue;
that doesnt mean I would always correct a coach.

Coaches says lots of technically incorrect things..

Any time a bat tips a ball, they call it foul tip.

The circle is the pitchers mound.

They rarely know the difference between OBS and INT.

"Hesitation" is an out - instead of understanding look back rule.

balk - is an illegal pitch.

I dont always correct you guys. I deal with the issue at hand.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
User avatar
wadeintothem
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:44 pm

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions