Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Funniest Things Heard on the Softball Field

What's on your mind?

by dustyshoes » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:39 am

This is probably going to be one of those "had to be there" posts but here goes...

There was this cheer that was making the rounds last fall that went something like....

How does it feel to be (our team)?
Something, something, yadda,yadda (really good)
How does it feel to be (your team)?
I dunno, I've never been so low!

The first time I heard it was in a game my youngest DD (8u) was playing in and the other team did the cheer while they were losing badly. It wasn't so much that the team was losing badly when they did this cheer but they did it with the enthusiasm level of a team that was roused out of bed at 6 am to do the pledge of allegiance. I heard it a couple more times under similar circumstances and it always reminded me of that Geico commercial where the caveman is playing Billie Jean King ("you might wanna take a gander at the, uh SCOREBOARD!)

The one and only time I heard it done to my DD's teams when they were actually being badly beaten the other team's coach cut them off in the middle of it and told them in no uncertain terms that the cheer was to be retired.
dustyshoes
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:48 pm

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:04 pm

Okay ... one more ... years ago on a construction site I was working at back in NJ ... Wacker Construction was the name of one of the contractors ... everyone tried to be nice and call the owner of the company 'Richard' .... but he prefered the other version of his first name ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
User avatar
GIMNEPIWO
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 am
Location: Between Rock & Hard Place

by hotwheels » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:16 pm

dustyshoes wrote:This is probably going to be one of those "had to be there" posts but here goes...

There was this cheer that was making the rounds last fall that went something like....

How does it feel to be (our team)?
Something, something, yadda,yadda (really good)
How does it feel to be (your team)?
I dunno, I've never been so low!

The first time I heard it was in a game my youngest DD (8u) was playing in and the other team did the cheer while they were losing badly. It wasn't so much that the team was losing badly when they did this cheer but they did it with the enthusiasm level of a team that was roused out of bed at 6 am to do the pledge of allegiance. I heard it a couple more times under similar circumstances and it always reminded me of that Geico commercial where the caveman is playing Billie Jean King ("you might wanna take a gander at the, uh SCOREBOARD!)

The one and only time I heard it done to my DD's teams when they were actually being badly beaten the other team's coach cut them off in the middle of it and told them in no uncertain terms that the cheer was to be retired.


Gotta love it...8U no less....Which tells you that the parents had a big hand in MAKING that cheer....hahaha
User avatar
hotwheels
 
Posts: 1923
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:48 am
Location: Corona

by Dropn N » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:27 pm

My old bosses name was Richard Beter but he wasn't that, he was an a*&%#
User avatar
Dropn N
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:44 am

by jofus » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:59 pm

I had a substitute teacher in high school with the name Harry Lipps. He told us (when asked) that his dad's name was Richard.....
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
User avatar
jofus
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:01 am

by umpinva » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:36 pm

jofus wrote:I had a substitute teacher in high school with the name Harry Lipps. He told us (when asked) that his dad's name was Richard.....


My college roomie's name was Ira Paul Freely, he'd sign everthing: IP Freely.
Last edited by umpinva on Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
umpinva
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:47 pm

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Okay I lied ... one more ... I knew a girl whose name was Hope Leslie Gross ( say it quick ) ... It's true but she wasn't ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
User avatar
GIMNEPIWO
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 am
Location: Between Rock & Hard Place

by Dropn N » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:12 pm

Back in rec we used to have a persian ump who's name was Hous Bin Pharteen......swear!
User avatar
Dropn N
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:44 am

by bucketdad96 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:25 pm

Kinda like the race horse named "Hoof Hearted". The track announcer calling that race was hillarious. :lol:
User avatar
bucketdad96
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:14 pm

by Dropn N » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Thats not the funny part. The funny part is his cousin the base ump whose name was I-Bin Pharteen!
User avatar
Dropn N
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:44 am

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions

cron