Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

New to Travel-Is This Modus Operandi?

What's on your mind?

by whatever » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:59 pm

Excellent idea. I guess it's time to start cutting those apron strings...
whatever

by Demonboy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:25 pm

whatever wrote:Wasn't complaining - didn't understand the logic. And it was an NSA tourney with a berth to the Series. Are you a coach?

What's NSA? :D
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Fuddrules » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:06 pm

It's not debateable that across the board, ASA National is the shiz particularly at the older ages. But it needs to be pointed out that last years 10U ASA National Champion place 3rd at the NSA World Series. :o
Fuddrules

by bkatona » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:26 pm

I got involved coaching to spend more time with DD and to help out in a pinch on her team...never in my wildest dreams did I ever think it would be this enjoyable..I chose to coach because she plays, not to coach to have her play.....if she isn't carrying her share of the load (or more) she is sitting on the bench and wrking hard at practice to improve.

It was well said earlier by many others, most of the Dad's (in our case we have several mom's who played and now coach) are involved because they enjoy it....getting that one irrationally exhuberant parent sometimes takes away the fun, but it's part of the job.
bkatona

by BeyondTheScoreBoard » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:08 pm

bkatona wrote:I got involved coaching to spend more time with DD and to help out in a pinch on her team...never in my wildest dreams did I ever think it would be this enjoyable..I chose to coach because she plays, not to coach to have her play.....if she isn't carrying her share of the load (or more) she is sitting on the bench and wrking hard at practice to improve.

It was well said earlier by many others, most of the Dad's (in our case we have several mom's who played and now coach) are involved because they enjoy it....getting that one irrationally exhuberant parent sometimes takes away the fun, but it's part of the job.

You said it perfectly. I wouldn't be involved if my girls didn't play, they go me started. I will stay involved after they are done because it is a blast.
BeyondTheScoreBoard

by Lunatic Fringe » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:27 pm

Too early to panic, we just went thru the same thing. By the 3rd and 4th tourny, my DD moved up from dead last in the lineup to 3rd or 4th. Patience, Grasshopper.
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by Demonboy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:45 am

Fuddrules wrote:It's not debateable that across the board, ASA National is the shiz particularly at the older ages. But it needs to be pointed out that last years 10U ASA National Champion place 3rd at the NSA World Series. :o

10U doesn't count. I mean...I love the little buggers but too many of the players are straight out of rec, at least in So Cal (not a lot of 8u travel here). Anything can happen in 10's.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Joe Dirt » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:17 am

Whatever - you would be smart to listen to these guys, especially Sam. Let your dd stand up for herself. At this age level it is important. As for all the extra time spent, think of that as an investment your dd is making herself. It is nice to be recognized but she should be proud of herself, with respect to the gains she is making in her skills (on her own time).
Sedit qui timuit ne non succederet - He who feared, he would not succeed, sat still.
Joe Dirt

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions