Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

pick up player

What's on your mind?

by Donnie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks, I know what I was trying to say. But as is the norm you just cant slip on the bucket and not expect to be called on it..lol
Be The Hunter
User avatar
Donnie
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: O.C. where else?

by PDad » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:40 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Donnie wrote:It is a coaches job to keep the girls happy and focused. Parents will be parents, we all know that. If a coach picks up a player it is for a reason and he should be able to play her as needed. However you cant forget the ones who got you there. It is a tough job but someone has to do it. If a coach is smart there is always a way to keep the girls eye on the prize. It is a half of one or six dozen of another arguement. Good luck to all in the 2010 season...


Donnie not the boar ... WHAT ? ...

Must of had a Yogi moment...
User avatar
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:52 pm

by SOCALSOFTBALL96 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:27 pm

I know where this is coming from,this is from my previous post on the pitcher from team smith.

I believe that this is un-fair to all the parents and young ladies that pay their fees, practice their a$$$'$$$ off and show up to to the friendlies, so I am guessing that another parent brought this player, maybe that player should have sat out and sacrifice his DD playing time.

I guess you lost in westerns and players & parents aren't happy know.
Did that player stay with the team or went back to her previous team.
OR DID THE COACH OFFER HER TO PAY HER WAY AND OFFER HER MORE PLAYING TIME than the FAITHFUL that are COMMITTED on his TEAM!

Sounds like my previous post! HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :roll: :roll: :roll: ;)
SOCALSOFTBALL96
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:30 pm

by rgc661 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:37 pm

I've been on both sides of this scenerio and actually have no problem either way. My DD was replaced by another in a similar situation and I was ok with it cause I knew she wasn't getting the job done. DD is a team player and understood. She understood she needed to work harder and now does. Sometimes parents need to take a good look and be true to themselves and understand thier DD may not be as good as they think.JMHO.
rgc661
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:02 pm

by bronc47 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:35 pm

No this isn't from Team Smith. I'm not one to throw anyone under the buss, but I DON'T KNOW IF MY THOUGHTS ARE FEELINGS ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE SITUATION. That is why I posted the question. My daughter was a starter all year, but when the new kid came along she was benched. When I asked one of the coaches, "why" he said it was because she doesn't have enough power.... I was puzzled because she was 8-16 with only one strike out and numerous walks during her last five games... Her on base percentage is high.. She also has an outstanding glove. Yes, the new girl was bigger and stronger, but she struck about 8 times had maybe three hits (in the infield), and maybe three or four walks. The new girl also made some crucial errors in the infield which costed us a game. I wasn't the only parent puzzled, three of our top players aren't going to return next year, because of the coaches decisions. I do have to say the coach had our girls playing very well and we did outstanding in the tournament, but many are questioning his integrity, loyalty, and character.
bronc47
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 12:01 am

by Surehitter » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:50 pm

:o If it was "A" Nationals then you start the pick up player if she gives you a better chance to win. If this is Western Nationals as stated or even "B" Nationals and the coach starts a pick up player over the origional starters than the coach is a $#@!^)*$#@.
Surehitter
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:51 pm

by SOCALSOFTBALL96 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:34 pm

Surehitter you ok, sounds like this may have happen to you, anyway Bronco, can you imagine what might happen to you next year, it sounds like your DD is a 97, are you still sticking around with Teamsmith, oops sorry! Not teamsmith ;) , checkout eteamz you might find a new home!
SOCALSOFTBALL96
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:30 pm

by Surehitter » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:13 am

:lol: I have one playing college ball and another that will be starting her first season of gold. After years of watching coach's good and bad that was my take on the pick up player issue.

SOCALSOFTBALL96 - You are an ASS
Surehitter
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:51 pm

by Rotatorcuff » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:59 am

An 18G coach once told me, "There's no loyalty in travelball."
Rotatorcuff
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:34 pm

by SOCALSOFTBALL96 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:48 pm

:lol: THANK YOU! Surehitter, pretty intense, did I hurt your feelings. :lol: GEEEZ just voicing my opinion, just like yours, you must be associated! ;) Anyway Bronco, you have plenty of time to look around for a team for your DD, your DD deserved better, you were loyal, committed and faithful to the team, but in return your DD gets benched! For a pick up player. What a *&^%$. Like I said before check HB and ETEAMZ plenty of teams looking for good players.
SOCALSOFTBALL96
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:30 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions