Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Conditioning Question?????

What's on your mind?

by TheBucketeer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:40 pm

Along the lines of what Gentleman Jack is referring to, at our practices we like to set up the Jugs machine about 20 feet in front of the girls and shoot line drives at them at about 80 miles an hour. This gets their cardio work in and lets us practice on the 5 D's of Defense:

Dodge
Duck
Dive
Dip
Dodge
what does a bald man put on his driver's license for hair color?
User avatar
TheBucketeer
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:07 pm

by TheBucketeer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Just remember...Fastpitch Softball is a sport of violence, exclusion and degradation.

Coach Patches
what does a bald man put on his driver's license for hair color?
User avatar
TheBucketeer
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:07 pm

by MoeFoes » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:50 pm

smash wrote:For 12U conditioning it is important to also work on coordination. I would implement a lot of ladders, hurdles, cone work, jump rope and quick short burst sprints. Most 12U girls are still small and can run distances, however when I implement these coordination excercises the girls have fun and enjoy conditioning more often.

If this is who I think it is.. I have seen your batting practice and it is second to NONE. Great mechanics, strength, endurance and more importantly control. Much props!! I heard u practice the 14's and the 16's together and the conditioning is on point. I would like to watch a practice if it is OK>
"Why I Aughta"
MoeFoes
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Ghetto America

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions