3'sDad wrote:We use the pitching machines as another hitting drill during practice anolng with:
Tee Work
Soft Toss/Front Toss
Live pitching
^^^that's what we do^^^
we also don't crank up the machine to 70 mph so the players are 2 seconds late. we put it at a speed that they can get some good swings and some good line drives. I also like to give them situations like "runner on third, one out", or "runner on 2nd, 2 outs", so they can learn to read the situation and have an approach when they are batting.
Live pitching: almost need another post for this one...I don't like our pitchers to pitch to our team very often. once in a while if it's a scrimmage situation. but to just throw fastballs that say "hit me", is not the mindset I want my pitchers to practice.
so one of us old coaches throw from a little closer and from behind a screen, and also wiffles to get the arm motion of pitching.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.