Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

The Pollyanna Nationals ! aka, "heck with reality"

What's on your mind?

by wadeintothem » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am

Gone in 2.6 wrote:
wadeintothem wrote:No parents. :P


Or umpires that think everyone is there to see them.

I agree with that, those guys drive me nuts. They are the same ones calling time to have some left fielder tuck in their shirt. They are horrible.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
User avatar
wadeintothem
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:44 pm

by TexasYellowBall » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:39 am

Umpires..........Any chance they could make them take another rules test. The rules have changed a little since the 70's. Most never pick up rule book after a few years of experience. Think they put out a new book every year.
User avatar
TexasYellowBall
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:08 am

by wadeintothem » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:47 am

TexasYellowBall wrote:Umpires..........Any chance they could make them take another rules test. The rules have changed a little since the 70's. Most never pick up rule book after a few years of experience. Think they put out a new book every year.

I'm afraid I cant help you. You are from Texas. I dont think people in Texas actually read books; least of all a rule book.

:lol:
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
User avatar
wadeintothem
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:44 pm

by fasterpitch92701 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:02 pm

Bathrooms and food. YES! Excellent additions.

Bathrooms... when designing a softball complex how are can it be to figure out that enough bathrooms are needed to service a significant number of players when games end. The cost to put in 6 toilets verses 2 is.... ready.... virtually insignificant. I will debate that with any contractor or field designer on this planet. So, do it right. More toilets are needed on the womens side verses the mens. How much intellect does that take to figure out? Keep them clean. With toilet paper. I've seen bathrooms that would make a week old port-a-potty seem like "upscale". Sorry, it's just not THAT hard to figure out.

Food - ok, have to admit that I have NEVER tried fried Snickers. Won't go there. But having a decent, warm sandwich works. It sells. It negates the need to drive. Our favorite is Subway. It's reasonably priced, convenient and fairly quick. Ok, taking that concept, jack up the price a bit and do something at the field, getting "quick" and "convenient" to boot. There was a guy doing VERY well in Sioux Falls with his version of a philly cheesesteak, onions, bell peppers... I'll pay a couple buck more NOT to drive and wait in line 5 miles down the road. But, sorry, fried snickers is a bit over the top (for me).

Ok, what else...
User avatar
fasterpitch92701
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:41 pm

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions