Just got back this morning.
Damn, I think it's hotter and more humid in Socal today when we got home than where we just left.
Here is what stands out for me...
Got to say hi to Wadeintothem, and meet rbi...
Wade has a decent strike zone...
said hi to girlerl, dodgerblue, 90060dad, Rae Rae, and many other bucketheads...
wasn't able to meet 3bsnag, georgiahoo, and all you other regulars here...
Pappadeaux has some serious seafood and great atmosphere...
gave the obligatory b*@$%-slap to Spaz and NumeroUno...
In fact, I was able to put a nice cracker sticker on the rear view mirror of Spaz's team van last night, which could be the highlight of my week...
I agree with Wade regarding the effort put forth by the Marietta hosts...it rained every day, but not one game was missed. I'm not talking about drizzle either, I'm talking serious huge raindrops and lightning...Ok, we had alot of 1:30, no new, games, and we finished one game at 1am, which was a couple hours earlier than some other teams finished some nights...but after a year of TCS tournaments where one hr, 15 minute games were the norm, most of our games went at least 6 innings...nice work Kay, Brooks, and staff.
on Wednesday's first bracket game, one of my kids broke her finger on a bunt attemp, then laid down a bunt on the next pitch to help us get three 9th inning runs against shamrocks. my kid is missing some skin off her right shin, from a comebacker courtesy of OK Force's 27 yr old pitcher....
holy crap that team was big....and good..
shamrocks pitcher, all of 5' 3", 100 lbs, threw the hardest of all the pitchers we faced all week.
both those teams are really good.
as were travelers, peppers, magic, vipers dean, and the other teams we faced this week...
my pitchers were lights out all week...until we faced the steamroller disguised as Victory Campbell Saturday night...good lord those girls can hit. they were mashing pitches 3 balls off the plate against us...
congrats to Victory Campbell and Corona Angels Langdon for being the last two teams playing.
Congrats to Corona Eliminators for rising up this week and making a 3rd place statement.
And congrats to my girls for giving it their all, finishing 5th out of 122 teams.
I am very proud of them...
Art



























