I am one of the parents that should have their head examined for going to Nationals. I have been laid off for 7 months now. Cashed in my 401K to afford a running car and to take my 18U DD to nationals. Then the big question - do we sign up for next year? My DD needs the exposure tournaments in the fall to hopefully go to college to play. But when do I say enough is enough? But if my DD does not go to college - her life will be worse than mine in just a few short years! I was in the construction industry for over 20 years. Never laid off till now.
There are reasons for leaving but I also feel that once you committed you try to find a way. And leaving due to financial reasons only to pick up with a different team is not the same.


























