Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Does your DD take a break after Nationals?

What's on your mind?

by Jayhawk » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:50 pm

artomatic wrote:I can tell you personally, my kid will get a much needed break, and so will I.
Hopefully at least 3 weeks.

But I also already see tryout posts for AUGUST 9!!!

Heck, why not have them on Wednesday, August 5th, players should be back home after nationals by then and have a whole 2-3 days of rest... :shock:


One wacky (and disturbing) trend is that we are starting to get teams advertising for tryouts before nationals this year. That is the first time I have ever seen that. These are not all necessarily fly-by-night groups either. A couple of them are pretty regular fixtures at nationals from the midwest in a variety of age groups. Many (most even) of the start-up teams are advertising tryouts over the last couple of weeks of July. The earliest I have seen is July 15.

The problem I have with this is that it takes the focus from completing the season at hand and worrying more about who will be where come August. That has always been a problem but when you add actual tryouts before the national trip I would think it would make it 10 times worse. It seems that once one team started doing it that that many have jumped on board.
Jayhawk
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:39 am

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions