Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Outfield play---a question

What's on your mind?

by SnocatzDad » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:06 am

Lunatic Fringe wrote:I guess the biggest gripe I have about this situation is the parents telling their kid to do it her way and to ignore the coach on this point. Get with the program or go somewhere else![/i][/i][/i]


If this is supposed to be at thread about players listening to parents in the stands rather than coaches on the field, that's a whole nother post and it will be 12 pages long in about 2 days. :D
SnocatzDad
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:04 am

by Lefty's Dad » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:31 am

Lunatic Fringe wrote:This particular F8 is like the line from Forrest Gump [i]"**** is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get". [i]Her arm is inconsistant at best. I agree with having the cutoffs lined up to take the cutoff to hold or cut down the R2 if the throw isn't going to get the R1.

I guess the biggest gripe I have about this situation is the parents telling their kid to do it her way and to ignore the coach on this point. Get with the program or go somewhere else!
[/i][/i]

Time to cut this kid loose! Parents have to be on board with the coaches way of coaching, or at least be quiet about it and let their daughter be coachable. Although I have seen some coaches that obviously had no business teaching any kid how to do anything. Not the case here it sounds like. I agree, get with the program or go somewhere else!
My daughter is perfect, she knows everything. Just ask her.
User avatar
Lefty's Dad
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:31 am
Location: Missouri City, Tx

by dodgerblue » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:08 am

I think if this is a TB team then your outfielders should have a strong enough arm to throw the girl out at thrid I see nothing wrong with this. I do think the cut off should always be lined up just in case the catcher yells cutoff then you make the play at second.
User avatar
dodgerblue
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:06 am

by Dropn N » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:12 am

SnotcatzDad, that would be a good topic for some laughs........post it up!
User avatar
Dropn N
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:44 am

by MADSKILZ » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:29 pm

You put arms in the outfield for a reason - let em use em. Its funny, when an outfielder guns a runner at third or home, its a great throw. When they don't get the runner - coach always yells "hit the cut". Screw it - let em show off the gun, next best thing to the long ball!
MADSKILZ
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:41 am

by Blind Squirrel » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:41 pm

MADSKILZ wrote:You put arms in the outfield for a reason - let em use em. Its funny, when an outfielder guns a runner at third or home, its a great throw. When they don't get the runner - coach always yells "hit the cut". Screw it - let em show off the gun, next best thing to the long ball!


The college outfielders in the recent post season games showed off their guns. Or in most cases, their lack of. Guess there is a downside to converting infielders into outfielders. Or maybe there is some other reason why players overall improve in other areas but not when it comes to the strength and accuracy of outfielder's arms.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
User avatar
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:02 am

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions