Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Catcher's Mitt

What's on your mind?

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu May 14, 2009 5:58 pm

Fever98#6 wrote:
anonlooker wrote:
GIMNEPIWO wrote:
Joe Dirt wrote:Why would you bake your glove? Did you marinade it first? Seriously, that has got to be one of the worst ideas. I know people do it but it just doesn't seem right. Use the glove, that is the best break in method I know of. Use a little conditioner with lanolin. I just think the baking thing dries out the leather.


I've done it for years ... my theory is that it opens the pores of the leather so the olive oil is better absorbed ... you don't actually roast it ... more like warming it up a bit ...


Baking a glove dries out the natural oils of the leather. So you rid it of it's natural oils just to oil it back up with something different? It's like the fast food version of glove care, and we know what fast food can do to you. What a terrible thing to do to a ball glove! :?

Fever, read the documentation that came with your new Nokona (congratulations, btw!). It likely says not to use any oils at all. They aren't necessary.


Thx Looker...yes, specifically says.." NO baking, microwaves, water, silicone or oils.."..says to use petroleum jelly..


Oh ... well that clears it up ... don't add any oil, just add petroleum jelly ...

Looker ... warm don't bake .. I hope you don't do the cooking for the house ...
Crabby Bob ... ya know the difference between pu*sy & parsley? ...ya shouldn't eat parsley! ( or add it to a glove )
JoeDirt ... there should always be Thyme for Rose Mary ... and Red Wine goes with everything, I don't care what they say ....
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
User avatar
GIMNEPIWO
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 am
Location: Between Rock & Hard Place

by Daddylawman » Fri May 15, 2009 11:52 am

OK, I'm a little late to the party, but I just got my 14U DD the Nokona kangaroo leather mitt. It seems like a good glove, but it's taking time to work in. We expected that, so it's not really a complaint.

The thing is, she has an SSK she's used for a couple of years that she loves even though it's worn. I looked, but I'm guessing they're not in the market anymore - or at least not the fastpitch mitt market.
Daddylawman
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 11:42 am
Location: Marietta, GA

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri May 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Daddylawman wrote:OK, I'm a little late to the party, but I just got my 14U DD the Nokona kangaroo leather mitt. It seems like a good glove, but it's taking time to work in. We expected that, so it's not really a complaint.

The thing is, she has an SSK she's used for a couple of years that she loves even though it's worn. I looked, but I'm guessing they're not in the market anymore - or at least not the fastpitch mitt market.


I thought Kangaroos had fur ... ? ... anyway ... does it have a pouch or a pocket ?
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
User avatar
GIMNEPIWO
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 am
Location: Between Rock & Hard Place

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions