Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

kid going to boarding schools

What's on your mind?

by Kat » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:34 am

Donnie,

I totally agree with you. I wouldn't give up a single minute of spending time with my kids and my daughter is an upper level type academic kid. I am sweating her leaving for college and she isn't even a senior yet she still has her junior year to finish....
Kat
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:46 am

by DonnieS » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:42 am

Kat wrote:Donnie,

I totally agree with you. I wouldn't give up a single minute of spending time with my kids and my daughter is an upper level type academic kid. I am sweating her leaving for college and she isn't even a senior yet she still has her junior year to finish....


Been through it 5 times, my older two kids, now 34 and 31, and my 21 year old has left 3 times, though the tears are getting less each time with him, the little rat keeps coming back. ;)
Time is ticking with the 18 year old and though she will only be 5 hours away, going to be a tough day for me, (not for her).
User avatar
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3694
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:27 pm

by GIMNEPIWO » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:38 am

For my DD's 5th birthdays ... they all got a card that said " Daddy loves you, you have 13 years to find a place to live " .... but now I tell them that if I knew then what I know now about raising gals ... that I would have changed that to read " Daddy Loves you, you have 7 years to find a place to live and you can come back in 13 " ... Thats all true ... but I wouldn't miss one hug for all the education money can buy ... but thats just me ...
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
User avatar
GIMNEPIWO
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 am
Location: Between Rock & Hard Place

by Tucson » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:45 am

My middle son wanted to go to the IL. Math and Science Academy, his junior and senior years. We started going to meetings about it when he was in the 6th grade. His HS was small and really not very good. We could have sent him to a Catholic school but it was pricey. IMSA was free, but 3 hours north of us.

When the time came, his dad couldn't stand to see him leave, so DS changed his mind. He studied on his own and sought out learning opportunities outside of HS. He served as a Congressional page.

When he went to the U of Chicago, he found out what a really poor HS education he got in central IL. He was taking classes that the WIlmette kids had had in HS. So, he had to play catch up.

Some HSs just aren't very good. (But they were number 1 in baseball.) :)
User avatar
Tucson
 
Posts: 1274
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:14 pm

by Fuddrules » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:56 am

Tuscon,

I know a family from central IL that sent 2 kids to IMSA.

1 is currently a Dr. and the other either got booted for drugs or flunked out. I'm not sure which but he's currently not doing much.

What you put into education is more important than where you are educated.
Fuddrules
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:11 pm


Return to Fastpitch Discussions