Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

16U So Cal States and HOF Tournament the Same Weekend???

What's on your mind?

by Touchall4 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:11 pm

Unless I'm reading the schedule wrong, 16U So Cla States adn the 16 HOF tournament are oin the same weekend?

What is So Cal ASA thinking? How can they have these 2 important qualifers the same weekend.

I know HOF has not traditionally been big with So Cal teams, but this is ridiculous.

How can the JO sanctioning body allow this to happen?
Touchall4

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:42 pm

You are reading it right. If I recall, they did this last year too. I know a couple of teams that felt that they would have a better chance at getting a berth to HOF than getting the berth through States. Turns out, it didn't happen.

It's a crap shoot. If you qualify for HOF you have a really good chance at getting in if you go. Downside, you have to travel to play in HOF and then travel again for Nats. Maybe not so much of a downside, but depends on how deep the pockets of the parents are on your team.
Sftbll4ever

by Sftbll4ever » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:27 am

Spazsdad wrote:According to an email from Linda at ASA the HOF is June 7-8 and Socal States is June 20-21.
This is also the info on the Socal ASA website.

I just checked the site again, and it says 16u States is June 20-22 location TBA and that HOF (in OK) is June 20-22. So actually, what I wrote was right, but not for this situation. If you get your berth to HOF and go, you miss all the opportunities that States gives you (Regionals and Westerns).
Sftbll4ever

Return to Fastpitch Discussions