Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Fork and Beans

What's on your mind?

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:29 pm

dodgerblue wrote:Looking at the video yes this is chicken shit and nobody deserves this. Everyone on here is making assumptions of what could've happened and what should've happened on so on. My DD has been the victim of an intentional beaning and most of the time they knew it was coming. I asked my DD if she was ok gave me the nod and point was proven and move on. What should I have done file charges? Then that kid doesn't pitch in the PAC 12 and my DD is known in the fastpitch world as the one who filed charges against a team and pitcher who intentionally hit my DD? Everyone on here needs to relax that was a bonehead move and "No" he's not going to quit coaching and "yes" he will still send softball players to college and "yes" like it or not college coaches will still call.

Everyone here needs to relax? I don't think so.

It's that kind of apathy that allows this kind of garbage to continue.

Dodger, you may want to get the vacuum out and clean up underneath your rug. I suspect there's been quite a bit of garbage built up there over the years.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:36 pm

I would have to make way too many assumptions to get even get started on any better answers for you. Again I would step back, reassess the situation, where it lands at that exact moment. Too many critical factors visa-a-vi this coaches relationship with family/kid and coaches relationship with college coach. We have no idea about those, correct?

Yes, sportsmanship is a key thing coaches consider during recruitment process. Pre-Decision is way different than post-Decision. During the critical decision making process it can come down to more minor issues. Usually once that commit is made, often coach works with the recruit to achieve success.

For instance, for a lot recruits you get a D pre decision, it is can be a deal breaker. You get a D last semester of senior year, they may make you go to mandatory study hall upon arrival at campus in the fall.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by twinsmom » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:59 pm

I showed this video over the weekend to my DDs. One is a pitcher and one a catcher. The look on both of their faces was priceless. Jaws dropped to floor and the catcher took several minutes to compose herself, looked at me and said "did that catcher just do what I think she did". Both are 2nd year 14s. Both have played a fairly high level of ball over the years. Neither could comprehend the video. But the follow up response from both was "Coach A (our TB coach) would kick our butts from one end of the field to the other and then we would be on the bench forever if we ever did that".

In response to the HBP vs the hit the umpire. These are not even in the same zip code. My twins get thrown at all the time as they are the pitcher and catcher on our MS team. Other teams feel like if they take them out by hitting them with a pitch then the twins wouldn't play and our team would lose. Problem is, like it or not, condone it or not, that is part of the game. My girls when they step in the box know that (and mine know they are going to get hit - pitcher DD was HBP 30 out of 34 AB's in her first year there - that is NOT coincidence). The umpire has no expectation that it is part of HIS GAME!! There is no prep time for that. You expect that the catcher will catch the ball so you are watching the ball - not the catcher bailing out of the way.

I won't get into the what should happen to the coach or players. That is someone elses call, but I my kids would never play for a coach who condones that kind of behavior. You can say peer pressure all you want, teach your kid to stand up to it. That is part of what is wrong in today's society. I made sure that despite the fact that I don't think either would even consider that behavior, I told them, I would rather pay their way through college than have them do something like that because they felt they had to to stay on a team or get on one. My DD catcher looked at me and said "No worries mom. It is my job to protect the ump..." Period end of discussion.
twinsmom

by anonlooker » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Reading this thread, it's reassuring to note how many perfect people there are here, with perfect daughters playing softball. It must be amazing to know you've never made a mistake, and never will. I imagine it's exactly like being on the lofty perch where President Obama resides.

It brings to mind great men our society venerates, like Gandhi, MLK, and Mandela. I wonder what differentiates them from the lynch mob on this thread.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by blackwidow » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:51 pm

And the men who hold high places
must be the ones who start
to mold a new reality
closer to the heart~
Neal Peart

http://youtu.be/BEgXe-gQxX4

Rush.jpg
Rush.jpg (7.78 KiB) Viewed 5119 times

PEACE
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by jonriv » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:53 pm

And the men who hold high places
must be the ones who start
to mold a new reality
closer to the heart~Neal Peart

I prefer "Trees"
jonriv

by blackwidow » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:57 pm

@jonriv
I love Trees too, but that's a different message for a different thread. :)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by eclipse09 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:15 pm

I like the questions posed by BW and it is really making me think about what I would do if my DD was pitching and participated. I would hope she would refuse to do the deed. I have seen a number of coaches behavior in my short time in the travel ball world and would keep my daughter away from those teams just because of what I saw. Some are well respected in the community.

As far as RUSH. I am partial to "Freewill"
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by progapanda » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:41 pm

anonlooker wrote:Reading this thread, it's reassuring to note how many perfect people there are here, with perfect daughters playing softball. It must be amazing to know you've never made a mistake, and never will. I imagine it's exactly like being on the lofty perch where President Obama resides.

It brings to mind great men our society venerates, like Gandhi, MLK, and Mandela. I wonder what differentiates them from the lynch mob on this thread.

This will get swept under the rug and forgotten about just like women and children that Mandela killed.
progapanda
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:48 pm

This will get swept under the rug and forgotten about just like women and children that Mandela killed.

A little off topic and a lot off facts
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions