Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Photo/Video Gallery

Whoops

Have a good action shot? Send it to us.

by Paco » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:16 am

Ok, we all have great pictures of our DDs making great plays - after all, they're highly trained well oiled machines. Let's take a look at some of their less than perfect moments...

I'll start.

DD on third - past ball, she breaks for home and is about to slide when she realizes that the catcher can't make the play. In a split second she decided no slide is needed - next thing you know the feet get tangled and she pole vaults herself across home.
Paco

by DonnieS » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:23 am

Paco, I have a set just like that, 4 or 5 shots, the funniest thing is looking at the blue's eyes, you see him watching where the ball is, then as my dd does what would best be called a 'duck and roll' horizontal roll across home plate, his eyes and the catchers eyes both drop down like, what is she going to do next?.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CalliesMom » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:58 pm

Note: I'm not a good photographer - I'm one of those that has a hard time staying focused on the action, so pretty much anything I get is an accident. So, Left Handed DD is filling in at SS (she normally pitches) after regular SS comes out due to injury. It's been a while (think LL a couple of years ago) since she's played that spot. So, goes for the tag on the throw down, when oops, loses her glove on the swipe! :lol:
CalliesMom

by chazbz1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:33 pm

There is a reason why the coaches instruct you to call the balls! Here's what happens when you don't! This was a simple high pop-fly that center field, short and second all converged on about the same time...
P1090384.JPG
chazbz1

by Cookie » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:19 am

CalliesMom wrote:Note: I'm not a good photographer - I'm one of those that has a hard time staying focused on the action, so pretty much anything I get is an accident. So, Left Handed DD is filling in at SS (she normally pitches) after regular SS comes out due to injury. It's been a while (think LL a couple of years ago) since she's played that spot. So, goes for the tag on the throw down, when oops, loses her glove on the swipe! :lol:

Da plane Da plane, boss Da plane is here
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by artomatic » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:40 am

Cookie wrote:
CalliesMom wrote:Note: I'm not a good photographer - I'm one of those that has a hard time staying focused on the action, so pretty much anything I get is an accident. So, Left Handed DD is filling in at SS (she normally pitches) after regular SS comes out due to injury. It's been a while (think LL a couple of years ago) since she's played that spot. So, goes for the tag on the throw down, when oops, loses her glove on the swipe! :lol:

Cookie, you're killing me!
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by wadeintothem » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:58 pm

artomatic wrote:
Cookie wrote:

Thats very mean to tease a guy that is melting.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by umpinva » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:13 pm

Paco wrote:Ok, we all have great pictures of our DDs making great plays - after all, they're highly trained well oiled machines. Let's take a look at some of their less than perfect moments...

I'll start.

DD on third - past ball, she breaks for home and is about to slide when she realizes that the catcher can't make the play. In a split second she decided no slide is needed - next thing you know the feet get tangled and she pole vaults herself across home.

I wonder if your part of the world if they are teaching all the umpires to carry their mask in their right hand or if this PU is just special.
umpinva

by umpinva » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:18 pm

artomatic wrote:
Cookie wrote:

Now those are fantastic umpire uniforms! I like the way they are both in sinc as they prepare to bang the out.
umpinva

by Judd » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:20 am

umpinva wrote:
Paco wrote:Ok, we all have great pictures of our DDs making great plays - after all, they're highly trained well oiled machines. Let's take a look at some of their less than perfect moments...

I'll start.

I wonder if your part of the world if they are teaching all the umpires to carry their mask in their right hand or if this PU is just special.

I thought the reason they put the mask in their left hand is cause they use their right hand to call out and they dont want the mask flying out? Well maybe this ump is lefthanded as his little pouch is on his left?
Judd

Next

Return to Photo/Video Gallery