Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Burger Boy Coach Gets Kids Suspended from High School Softba

by lombardisoftball » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:01 am

Coach Gets Kids Suspended from High School Softball Team

It has been reported that a Coach encouraged a couple High School softball players to violate CIF rules, put their High School eligibility and their High School teams record at risk, so he would have enough players to field a team to play a “Weekend Friendly” in Hemet, CA- the very next city away from where these kids attend High School.
I wonder if he ever considered the consequences or how these kids would feel, if and when this was discovered (which it was by CIF) and their high school coach had to suspend the kids from games, and forfeit all High School games they played in after they returned form their weekend travel ball game (it is also my understanding that one kid’s High School team has a very winning record in contrast to her travel ball game that weekend, where the opposing team scored 15 runs – IN THE FIRST INNING).
Responsible coaching and the ethical impact we have on kids, should always be considered first and foremost. It sounds like this coach has his priorities askew.

One would assume that an ASA Ace certified coach, and having a strong affiliation with a local youth softball Associations that this guy would make better decisions than – telling young kids to break rules and risk their teams eligibility so he could field a team for a local friendly.
Way to go, Coach…..
Last edited by lombardisoftball on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
lombardisoftball

by Sam » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:13 am

lombardisoftball wrote:Coach Gets Kids Suspended from High School Softball Team

It has been reported that a coach encouraged a couple High School softball players to violate CIF rules, put their High School eligibility and their High School teams record at risk, so he would have enough players to field a team to play a “Weekend Friendly” in Hemet, CA- the very next city away from where these kids attend High School.
I wonder if he ever considered the consequences or how these kids would feel, if and when this was discovered (which it was by CIF) and their high school coach had to suspend the kids from games, and forfeit all High School games they played in after they returned form their weekend travel ball game (it is also my understanding that one kid’s High School team has a very winning record in contrast to her travel ball game that weekend, where the opposing team scored 15 runs – IN THE FIRST INNING).
Responsible coaching and the ethical impact we have on kids, should always be considered first and foremost. It sounds like this coach has his priorities askew.

One would assume that an as a ASA Ace certified coach, and having a strong affiliation with Temecula Valley Girls Softball Association (tvgsa.com web site is a direct link to this Blazer team) this guy would make better decisions than – telling young kids to break rules and risk their teams eligibility so he could field a team for a local friendly.
Way to go, Coach…..

If you are brave enough to call this guy out by name, don't you think you ought to sign it with your own?
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by lombardisoftball » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:18 am

Sam - aren't you focusing on entirely the wrong thing here? Maybe you can shed some light on the subject? Maybe you too encourage this kind of lying, behind the scenes unethical behavior from children under your tutelage? If in fact this is true, what difference does it make who I am?
lombardisoftball

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:41 am

lombardisoftball wrote:Sam - aren't you focusing on entirely the wrong thing here? Maybe you can shed some light on the subject? Maybe you too encourage this kind of lying, behind the scenes unethical behavior from children under your tutelage? If in fact this is true, what difference does it make who I am?

You just answered your own question in part when you said : "If in fact this is true" ... you went National with an accusation that may be false ... :o ... and if it is true WHY wouldn't you be willing to sign your name when you put the guilty parties name out there?
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by Sam » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:43 am

lombardisoftball wrote:Sam - aren't you focusing on entirely the wrong thing here? Maybe you can shed some light on the subject? Maybe you too encourage this kind of lying, behind the scenes unethical behavior from children under your tutelage? If in fact this is true, what difference does it make who I am?

Anonymous claims carry no weight and are pretty cowardly, in my opinion. It doesn't take any spine to name a real person who is claimed to have done something untowardly when you don't have to state your own name. The real question is: Are you a coward?
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fifteen's » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:46 am

I know this coach. Not surprising in the least. My name is Eric by the way, if anyone is interested. :D
Fifteen's

by Sam » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:52 am

Fifteen's wrote:I know this coach. Not surprising in the least. My name is Eric by the way, if anyone is interested. :D

Eric what? OP called out the coach by his full name....how about your full name?
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Iluvblue » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:55 am

Im almost hoping it is true, only because if it is false, you just posted a bunch of crap about an individual.

I have not heard of a coach doing such a thing. It is pretty much accepted that the HS kids are done once their HS season starts. My HS kids come to our early tournaments and sit in the dugout. The help with the pregame warm up, wear their uniform top and shorts or jeans. Catchers help warm up pitchers.... they do everything they can to stay a part of the team, except play. IF, and I emphasize IF a coach knowingly encouraged his travel players to do something that could jeopardize their HS eligibility, and hurt their HS team's record, that travel coach should get a year suspension IMO.

Here is the rule:
A student on a high school team becomes ineligible if the student competes in a contest on an “outside” team, in the same sport, during the student’s high school season of sport (See Bylaw 511). The following exceptions apply:

Now I actually think a friendly doesnt violate this rule, even though I would never have HS players play in a friendly to challenge it. The time a HS player becomes ineligible for her travel team is after she has played in her first HS CONTEST. To the CIF, a CONTEST is a real game, with umpires, score kept, counts on teams record. A friendly is questionable in those regards.

Scores arent really kept, it isnt a tournament, the game has no bearing on anything, free substitution, no lineup cards turned in. It is a glorified PRACTICE. What if teams wore no uniforms? What if coaches did the umpiring? Would it violate the CIF rules? I dont think so, but like I said. I wouldnt ever put those players in danger just to find out.
Iluvblue

by lombardisoftball » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:58 am

Sam, "if in fact" should be replaced with "ITS A FACT" because it's official at least one kid has been suspended and games were forfeited by at least one school already.
lombardisoftball

by Sam » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:01 am

lombardisoftball wrote:Sam, "if in fact" should be replaced with "ITS A FACT" because it's official at least one kid has been suspended and games were forfeited by at least one school already.

Well, at least we have the coward question settled.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA