Corona Xpress over Cal Breeze
Corona Xpress over Cal Thunder
OC Crush over Corona Xpress

Corona Xpress 1st in Pool
hotwheels

by Rog67 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:54 pm

Bomb Squad '96 over Batbusters (Ray)
Bomb Squad '96 over Valley Breeze
Bomb Squad '96 over Corona Angels (Lockman)
Rog67

by BonezMom » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:05 pm

hotwheels wrote:Corona Xpress over Cal Breeze
Corona Xpress over Cal Thunder
OC Crush over Corona Xpress

Corona Xpress 1st in Pool

woo hoo!!!!
Too bad, so sad, bye bye
BonezMom

by scorkep » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:57 pm

California Rebels over Irvine Sting
California Rebels over Cal Stars Coast
California Rebels over Desert Blaze
scorkep

by Clean_up » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:05 pm

Pool F

CA-Knighten over AA-Palomino
CA-Knighten tie Sac Fire & Ice (revert)
CA-Knighten over Fresno Force
AA-Palomino over Sac Fire & Ice
AA-Palomino over Fresno Force
Sac Fire & Ice over Fresno Force

1st - CA-Knighten
2nd - AA-Palomino
3rd - Sac Fire & Ice
4th - Fresno Force
Clean_up

by AM Softball » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:48 pm

Let me say that I think free substitution and revert back in a TOURNAMENT are ridculous!

We scored 4 runs late to go ahead by 3 runs, had to get out on purpose (umpire told us we couldn't do that because we are making the integrity of the sport suffer), and had 8 minutes to beat the clock and win by 3 runs so it didn't revert back.

That isn't our fault and it should NOT be used in a tournament format....and then for the umpire to go off on us...wow, we told him he should go off on the tournament for forcing us to beat the clock.

Unbelievable.....
AM Softball

by ice_67 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:51 pm

Power Surge 96 over Nemesis
Power Surge 06 over Batbusters-Snow
Power Surge 96 over Raiders
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

by hotwheels » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:59 pm

AM Softball wrote:Let me say that I think free substitution and revert back in a TOURNAMENT are ridculous!

We scored 4 runs late to go ahead by 3 runs, had to get out on purpose (umpire told us we couldn't do that because we are making the integrity of the sport suffer), and had 8 minutes to beat the clock and win by 3 runs so it didn't revert back.

That isn't our fault and it should NOT be used in a tournament format....and then for the umpire to go off on us...wow, we told him he should go off on the tournament for forcing us to beat the clock.

Unbelievable.....

I agree with you but the umpire was just doing his job.....How did he find out? Was it that obvious or did someone say something? This format is the Showcase format.....Longer games was nice in Pool play so take the good with the bad....

Not that big of a deal really is it? Didn't you win anyway????
hotwheels

by AM Softball » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:08 pm

hotwheels wrote:
AM Softball wrote:Let me say that I think free substitution and revert back in a TOURNAMENT are ridculous!

Unbelievable.....

I agree with you but the umpire was just doing his job.....How did he find out? Was it that obvious or did someone say something? This format is the Showcase format.....Longer games was nice in Pool play so take the good with the bad....

Not that big of a deal really is it? Didn't you win anyway????

??Doing his job by saying my organization is ruining the integrity of the sport because I told the runner to stand there and let her tag her out because we had 8 minutes left?? (situation: the runner was rounding 3rd and the throw was to 3B and I told her to come off and let her tag her) The we ran to the dugout, took 2 warm up pitches, and 8 minutes to beat the clock. It was that or leave early on the next pitch? What's the difference? I guess we could have kept hitting and lost but is that fair for our kids?

That isn't ruining the "integrity" of the sport. We weren't doing anything mean towards the other team. We simply got out so we could try and win.

I thought the umpire's job was to umpire? I didn't realize giving his personal opinions to the staff is trying to do his job....and nowhere in the rule book does this say "you cannot get out on purpose."

Yes, we did win, and no, it isn't that serious...just an example of why no revert should be implemented into tournaments. If they cannot stay on schedule, allow less teams...which is less money so it won't happen...but that doesn't mean we agree with it or it is right....

**longer games? it was 120 drop dead...that's not longer, that is standard "friendly." This is a tournament.
AM Softball

Next

Return to CA