Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

10U ????

by easyout » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:51 pm

Any thoughts on the 10u division??? Who are the contenders looking forward to the spring and possibly nationals??
easyout

by Luv_SC » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:08 pm

Lot less teams in 10u imo this year at least compared to past three years. I think that
Crunch, American Athletics, Victory and Franchise are all strong teams and should do well at states.
Luv_SC

by TShark » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Having seen these teams play, Athletics and Crunch, are the 2 best. The rest have to get better to beat them. There is a couple out there can compete with them, but not beat them.
TShark

by fundamental » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:45 am

I have to agree, that the top four teams in 10U are Crunch, AA's, Franchise and Victory (In no particular order). In my opinion, Crunch may currently be "the team to beat", with AA's and Franchise close behind. All three teams were at the TCS Fall Turkey Bash in Palmdale. Crunch beat AA's in the semi's, and then got beat by Franchise in the Finals. Before that, Crunch ran through everyone (AA's, Franchise, HB Firecrackers) in round robin, then beat Franchise again in the Finals of the Candy Cup Invitational. This past weekend, AA's beat Franchise 9-3 in the Finals of the HB Classic, after suffering their only loss of the tournament, the day before to Franchise 2-0. Both teams each outscored their opponents something like 35-2 going into the Championship game. Crunch probably outscored their opponents by at least that much at their friendlies this past weekend. I haven't seen Victory in tournament play yet, but they are no doubt a top team. I do know, that they have either tied or beaten all three of the other teams at least once or twice in the fall. Victory has also picked up some key players over break, as did AA's and Franchise.

At this age (10U), among the top teams, it really depends more on who "shows up" on that particular day. The four teams mentioned in this post are all very good and will be really hard to beat by any other 10U team in the country.

Good Luck in the 10U's....especially if you're playing one of these teams.
fundamental

by pitcher97mom » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:00 pm

I love me some Crunch! Sorry - a little prejudiced to them since DD played with them last year for a few months (first travel experience) before having to move up to 12's this year. We have been catching a couple of games at their friendlies and the girls look good. I feel they are solid all-around. Asking a few of the Crunch parents and they told us that AA's, Victory, & Franchise are the competition to watch out for. All have been playing good and should do well this spring...Great bunch of gals and parents with Crunch. Good luck to everyone!!! :D
pitcher97mom
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TShark » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:44 am

How many 10u teams was there last year? So far this year I can think of about 20 or so. During the fall, and this year so far we have played about 14 of them, including the 4 that are mentioned. Crunch beat us well, Athletics beat us by few, Franchise came from behind to beat us by one, and we beat Victory. That is why I say Crunch is the team right now. Athletics hit the ball very well, so they are right there. Both have excellent pitching.
TShark

by Clean_up » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:20 am

Speaking on the topic of the number of teams reduced this year, last year at 10U Nats there was like 36 teams and in 2007 there were 40. It seems like softball in general is falling off a little after the '96s. How many '97 12U teams are there this year compared to the 1996s and 1995s last year? Do we know if rec league registration is down overall, I hear in the Cypress and WGG leagues the registration is down - what about other areas?

As our Jr High girls move into HS the next couple of years, it looks to be a good 4 or 5 years of fairly competitive ball at the higher levels, but will this trend continue after the '97s? Just curious what everyone sees out there...
Clean_up

by artomatic » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:28 pm

My old league, SHB, is bursting at the seams and having trouble finding enough fields for the approximately 450 girls, up from about 250 when we started back in 2001.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:03 pm

Spazsdad wrote:That's because they heard SHB is the fastrack to fastpitch dominance. ;)

With 450 girls signing up, they might be right! By way of comparison, I doubt there are 450 girls in any one age division playing in the entire SFV rec system!
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by artomatic » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Spazsdad wrote:That's because they heard SHB is the fastrack to fastpitch dominance. ;)

you funny guy!
thats total numbers from the 5yr olds to the 14 yr olds...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to CA