Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

AA's 12U/Nigel Hills - Bat Bag lost - PowerSurge #44 Alicia

What's on your mind?

by as the world turns » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:37 am

Your homeowner's insurance might cover some of the loss. Worth a try, don't ask, don't get.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Tucson » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:22 am

Check Play It Again Sams, or call them. Check eBay, every day. Also, keep an eye in Craigslist, for your community.

Generally (speaking of Phoenix), the equipment isn't stolen by other softball girls, but is stolen by thieves that are looking for that stuff.

Have you contacted all of the team members to make sure that dad didn't pick up a bag and mom picked up a bag and they are still in the back of the truck?

Will your homeowners insurance cover any of it?

My DD's bag was similar and i got up one night in Phoenix and went out to the parking lot to get it out of the car. I think she easily had $1000.00 worth of stuff, because she carried 2 bats.
Tucson

by myallstarz » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:11 am

as the world turns wrote:Your homeowner's insurance might cover some of the loss. Worth a try, don't ask, don't get.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Today, I'll file a police report and hopefully use the report to help with my homeowner's insurance claim. You're right, won't know if we don't try.

Rebel6Teen, I like your post. Let's go VIGILANTE. Everybody look out for everybody else. It is probably too late for my DD's stuff, but maybe collectively we can stop these losers from victimizing another 12 year old girl. If you see an unattended bag, pick it up and take it to the snack bar (kids, if you walk away from your bag for any time period and its gone, check the snack bar - some concerned parent probably took it their for safe-keeping). If you see an adult pick-up a bat bag, watch him/her for suspicious behavior - if it looks odd, it probably is. Please, keep an eye out for my DD's gear. It is nice to be part of such a large (National) community. I don't think the bad guys know how large or tight the softball community is. Dads, unfortunately we can't trust some of the folks at the fields, there are thieves among us. Lets watch for them. I would love to catch one of these !#@#$#'s in the act.

Tucson, great advice. I will be calling all the Play It Again Sports outlets in the area and asking them to keep a look out for our gear. I'll check ebay, craigslist, etc... I would appreciate if all of you would keep an eye out as well. We may not get my DD's gear back, but we can make it hard to move some of the stolen property (especially the Power Surge Bat Bag and Helmet). Thanks for all the support. My DD and I appreciate it more than you know. Thanks HeyBucket for giving us a National platform to talk softball and to stop Knuckleheads from victimizing little girls.
myallstarz
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:37 am

The thief probably got what they wanted out of the bag, do you suppose they dumped the rest of the stuff like the goggles, bag, helmet in a dumpster? Maybe by the park or fields where the tournament was held. It's worth a look
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by ice_67 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:26 pm

We are pulling for the return of your bag Alicia!

Please, please, please return this bag if you find it! This is a great kid and a great family that deserves to have their stuff back..

Mrs. Ice_67
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

by cent » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:06 pm

We at Power Surge are wanting to help Alicia and her family restore the equipment and whatever was in the bag by making donations from our team and organization. We have already acquired a helmet and brand new bat bag that will be donated to them. We are a big family and must take care of our softball people.

Question: Does anyone out there know of a Sporting Goods store that carries a Stealth that has a huge heart and maybe would like to donate the bat? I know they are very expensive but maybe it is a possibility.

We at Power Surge are taken by the support giving by the Softball Community and those here on heybucket. Thank you so much for your support all.
cent
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:43 pm

cent wrote:Question: Does anyone out there know of a Sporting Goods store that carries a Stealth that has a huge heart and maybe would like to donate the bat? I know they are very expensive but maybe it is a possibility.

We at Power Surge are taken by the support giving by the Softball Community and those here on heybucket. Thank you so much for your support all.

I can donate $20 toward a new bat...come on people, if only 14 more people do the same, we could all help get her a bat :D ...pm me an address to send you guys a check.
I will look at it as 1 1/2 less pitchers of scottish beer at Oggi's...I can make that sacrifice for this kid.
Last edited by artomatic on Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by aubsdad#6 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:47 pm

Myallstarz,
We still have our Power Surge Helmet from 2 yrs ago, it's in good shape,
send me a PM and either you, Scott or Jerry Vincet can swing by my house
and get it,
Tom
aubsdad#6

by aubsdad#6 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:28 pm

I just contacted Scott we have a PS helmet, a new PS sweat shirt and a new bag for her,
if the awesome Heybucket group can Help Art with the bat maybe we can give her
a little faith again,
Tom
aubsdad#6

by Madmun » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:35 pm

I have another $20. Please PM me your address and I will send it to you. Lets show this young lady that most people are good and want to help Come on guys lets pony up for this kid.
Madmun

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions