Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

San Diego Thunder ?????????????

What's on your mind?

by Cookie » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:19 pm

I hear that their is a 12U team in San Diego called Thunder, has anyone heard of them or played them?
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by softball_parent » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:02 pm

That would be there not their. There is person, place or thing and their is possessive. In the past San Diego Thunder teams have been strong. Actually have done very well at nationals. Guess it would all depend on whose coaching. Tom Dodd, father of UCLA player Lisa Dodd has coached SD Thunder teams in the past.
softball_parent

by Cookie » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:17 pm

Correct this one, hey dumb A$$ thanks for correcting me now get the he!! of this board and go to the spelling bee board.
I know Dodd has coached Thunder I heard he dropped down and took a 12U team but I have not seen them.
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by TravelBallDad » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:14 pm

Tom Dodd has not dropped down and taken a 12U Team, your source of information is not correct. He coaches mainly 2nd Year 14U Teams, and at present has no team under his control.
TravelBallDad

by Cookie » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:57 pm

I heard that he drops down takes a young team and builds that team to 14 or 16U's.
Thanks
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by Nzane » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:24 pm

Not sure if he took it, but I know Dodd met with Quicksilver94, and had a parent meeting with them.. Rumor is, he will take over that team.
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Sam » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:18 am

softball_parent wrote:That would be there not their. There is person, place or thing and their is possessive. In the past San Diego Thunder teams have been strong. Actually have done very well at nationals. Guess it would all depend on whose coaching. Tom Dodd, father of UCLA player Lisa Dodd has coached SD Thunder teams in the past.

SD Thunder teams haven't done crap for years. If memory serves me well....I think they were involved in a controversy last fall....in ASA's first ever fall qualifier? Something about using an ineligible player?? I think it was Thunder but I could be wrong...if corrected I will certainly remove the post.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Demonboy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:39 pm

Sam wrote:
softball_parent wrote:That would be there not their. There is person, place or thing and their is possessive. In the past San Diego Thunder teams have been strong. Actually have done very well at nationals. Guess it would all depend on whose coaching. Tom Dodd, father of UCLA player Lisa Dodd has coached SD Thunder teams in the past.

SD Thunder teams haven't done crap for years. If memory serves me well....I think they were involved in a controversy last fall....in ASA's first ever fall qualifier? Something about using an ineligible player?? I think it was Thunder but I could be wrong...if corrected I will certainly remove the post.

Dodd's 14u team did manage to come in 7th at ASA Nationals in 2006. Other than that one week, his 14u and 16u teams of late have been nothing to write home about.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by TravelBallDad » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Nzane wrote:Not sure if he took it, but I know Dodd met with Quicksilver94, and had a parent meeting with them.. Rumor is, he will take over that team.

Just curious where you get your information? "Rumor" a defined by Websters states:
1. A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
2. Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

Or .. more clearly stated ...

1. a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts.
2. gossip; hearsay;

But, I guess that's what this Board is all about anyway ... Good Luck to Tom Dodd wherever he lands, if he lands, and to those that get the experience of having a man of his knowledge teach their daughters the game we all love as I am quite certain that over the years he has acquired and retained significantly more than the majority of the coaches out there that I have seen over the past year. With that said - Best of Luck to all Teams - as they are all working hard towards a goal that can be reached with the right guidance, belief and support!

Applause for the Parents!
TravelBallDad

by futurestar » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Thank you Tom for responding a pat on the back never hurt anyone, especially when it is self inflicted.
futurestar

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions