Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Who and how many 12u teams are still playing with 05 players

by crankshaft » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:39 am

Backnine wrote:In college all the player are women. In 12u you have girls playing against young women. I agree that some of the smaller, faster, athletic players with good fundamentals have a higher ceiling than some of the bigger, slower girls.

Oh My 12u girls playing against other 12u young women. Okay I get it you're concerned with people getting hurt.
Shouldn't your concern be based on ability not size?
crankshaft

by Backnine » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:34 pm

I guess if there was going to be a collision on the base paths I prefer my 78 lbs. DD get runover by a highly skilled 85 lb. player rather than a lumbering 135lb. girl. Also if she was to get hit by the pitch I would rather it be a highly skilled girl throwing 47 mph that came a little too inside than a 13 year old throwing 58 that had no idea where the ball is going.

My point was simple:
In general, at 12u level is where you find the biggest discrepancy between players in size and strength.
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:59 pm

:lol: lumbering 135 lb land on your daughter.

Just to ask... What's the difference if they're older in college and one player is 120 lb and the other player is 210 lb?
Are you saying because they're older and their women they can make the decision to do that?
Or are you saying as a parent you're concerned because you think you're putting your daughter In Harm's Way?
Cuz as you go to older softball the players are going to be more aggressive with hitting and they're going to be bigger and smaller players that are going to be sliding and colliding. The weight differences are going to continue. Just a heads up!
crankshaft

by Athletic1 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:13 pm

All of these comments are actually spot on accurate.

As far as size go what you said is funny.

So my DD is a 2021 grad and moved to 16u this fall. She is 5’11” 175 lbs but still 14u eligible. Funny....
Athletic1
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eddiez577 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:27 am

Athletic1 wrote:All of these comments are actually spot on accurate.

As far as size go what you said is funny.

So my DD is a 2021 grad and moved to 16u this fall. She is 5’11” 175 lbs but still 14u eligible. Funny....

Here's the formula: Whatever age group your DD will play in Summer Nationals/ World Series, that is the age group she should be preparing for. She has a whole year to compete against the level she will be facing. Anything less is not productive.
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:41 am

If you're concerned with injuries be proactive! Get a Fielding mask. Also Heartgard undergarment shirts to wear to protect your chest plate. I always wore knee pads. Never wanted to get plugged in the knee by a pitcher, and always slid aggressively!
Heart guard shirt
Evo shield
Last edited by Sue Trubovitz, Turbo on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sue Trubovitz, Turbo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 am

This post seems to come from someone pissed because their team is getting beat by teams with older girls. So what! Always played my girls up in rec and travel. That’s how they get better by playing against kids that are better than them! Sounds like u all without the older girls are concerned about the prizes during fall too. Who cares!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:48 am

Its a chicken shit practice. If you are scared for your girls, don' t play those teams. Games don't mean anything now anyway.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crankshaft » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:03 pm

Sam wrote:Its a chicken shit practice. If you are scared for your girls, don' t play those teams. Games don't mean anything now anyway.

Scared? WHAT?

Don't ride a bike
cuz you're scared.
Don't go swimming
cuz you're scared.
Don't go to the mall
cuz you're scared.
Don't drive in a car
cuz you're scared.
Don't go to school
cuz you're scared.

Seriously come on now.
What the heck, of course playing a sport take on some extra risk factor for some bumps and bruises. Any age or size athletes can cause injury.

Now....start talking about the standards for being a helicopter parent blah blah blah.

"games don't mean anything" :shock: . Of course it means something that's why people are playing.
crankshaft

by eddiez577 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:49 pm

crankshaft wrote:"games don't mean anything" :shock: . Of course it means something that's why people are playing.

Dude you just hit a quark in the fabric of youth fastpitch softball existential reality :o

Here's the paradox revealed: Friendlies don't mean anything. There's no scholarships being given away on that day/ its a drop dead game, so no true winner/ the opposing team is using older pick-up players that wouldn't get by a scrutinized tournament, etc.
But at the same time; This is a real game, with a real ball, a real "hot off the bat" bat, paid umpires, parents took the day off to drive 50 miles to a Friendly, the snack bar is making real money, and the players are getting real-time game experience that they will use to improve.

So..... What is your coaching philosophy? Red pill or blue pill :?: :?: :?:
eddiez577
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to CA