Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Umpire Corner

umpires v. Xeno

Rule question? Get it answered here.

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:24 am

Easton bat + wobble = that bat's gotta go.

Easton has just had way to many years of that weak arse connection joint they like to put into bats. At first sign of looseness you need to get the bat out of the game. Seen way to many of these bats loose their head. More than enough close calls with those bats.

Umps are doing us a huge favor getting rid of these bats.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Makina » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:37 am

I've actually seen a Stealth break during BP and the top half flew thru the netting and almost hit a player that was standing outside of the BP cage! Yes, it does happen!
Makina

by jonriv » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:59 am

swells9232 wrote:So dd xeno, that she got at Christmas, was taken out of tournament play this weekend. I questioned the uic who said xenos break at a higher rate, therefore they inspect them more, therefore find more problems because that is what they are looking for. Anyone else see a bias with this? I saw 3 bats impounded and all 3 were xenos. ASA qualifiers in Fontana. They shake the hell out of it and say there is a "wobble".

Of course everyone affiliated with ASA stated there were not any bias, but wouldnt answer how many bats get impounded and how many are xenos.

Confusing

Perhaps your anger should be focused on the bat company and not the umps. Stop playing the victim to some conspiracy
jonriv

by Battle » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:26 am

as the world turns wrote:Are you sure the wobble and rattle is not being confused for their teeth (tooth)

Are you still crying? Maybe they are hearing the pitty patty of your tears hitting the concrete. :lol:

Don't question the ASA umpires. What they say goes and that's just the way it is. Deal with it!
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by ZARDOZ34 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 am

To update the use of my DD's Xeno, it was used the entire weekend this weekend after being tossed out last weekend. So the point is that there is a preceived problem with the Xeno or umpires truly don't know how to detect a flawed bat.
ZARDOZ34

by jonriv » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:30 am

ZARDOZ34 wrote:To update the use of my DD's Xeno, it was used the entire weekend this weekend after being tossed out last weekend. So the point is that there is a preceived problem with the Xeno or umpires truly don't know how to detect a flawed bat.

Have you contacted the bat company yet??? Do you think it is wise for your daughter to play with a potentialy lethal object?? Why are you in denial and insist on being the victim?
jonriv

by ZARDOZ34 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:23 am

jonriv wrote:
ZARDOZ34 wrote:To update the use of my DD's Xeno, it was used the entire weekend this weekend after being tossed out last weekend. So the point is that there is a preceived problem with the Xeno or umpires truly don't know how to detect a flawed bat.

Have you contacted the bat company yet??? Do you think it is wise for your daughter to play with a potentialy lethal object?? Why are you in denial and insist on being the victim?

I have not contacted the bat company. I will when the bat is repeatedly thrown out.

I let her drive every day. That is a lethal object. When I feel the bat becomes an issue of player satety, it will go back that moment. I am a licensed official in 5 high school sports, including softball, player safety is my number one priority. I am not in denial and don't feel like a victim. I have inspected the bat, I would not throw it out if it were my game to ump.

The funny thing is, today I ran into the umpire that banned it the 1st time back in April. Told him it got tossed last weekend. He had inspected it a few times between the 2 occurrences and found it to be OK for play.
ZARDOZ34

Previous

Return to The Umpire Corner