Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

So Cal Top 12u teams. Second poll of 2014 page 4

by juandoe » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:28 pm

So Cal Top 12u Teams

Want to thank all the bucket heads and coaches who helped out with the first poll of 2014. It should be a fun season this year. After the top three teams. There can be alot of changes between now and the end of the season. Good luck to all the So Cal teams in 2014. I wish your girls all a safe and hopefully injury free year.

1. Firecrackers - Thornburg
http://www.eteamz.com/firecrackersthornburg/
https://www.facebook.com/firecrackers.thornburg
:D PGF Invite

2nd Place So Cal A's MDC
2nd Place TCS Aprils Finest
1st Place TCS (AZ) Lead Off Championship
1st Place TCS Presidents Day Showdown
1st place ASA Brenda Marsh
1st Place Firecrackers Turkey tournament

This team has all the tools to repeat as National Champions. Great chemistry with this group of coaches, girls. Alot of experience in big games. Great pitching and a deep rotation. They still are the best hitting team in 12u and they showed it at Brenda Marsh. The pickups in the fall added more speed and depth at the corners to this team. The only question I have is will they be peaking at the right time like they did in 10u. If they can, no doubt they will repeat. If not, then we will have a new champ. The competition is just too good.

2. OC Batbusters - Steele
http://www.teammizunosoftball.org/region/sc12u01e/home/
:D PGF Returning Berth

1st Place TCS Aprils Finest
1st Place Las Vegas St. Paddy's Day Blast
2nd Place ASA Brenda Marsh
1st Place TCS Monster Mash

This team has alot of talent and all the pieces to make a title run at PGF. They are well coached. They have a very good pitching staff that can shut down the best hitting teams in the division. I believe most pitched at PGF last year for their teams. They are very good defensively, have good speed and hit the ball very well. This is a new team so they are still developing the team chemistry that the other top teams have. They have played in some very close tournament games in the fall and have managed to come out with the win. They will be tough to beat come August and are one of the few teams in my opinion that can win PGF.

3. So Cal Athletics - Mercado
http://brianpilon.wix.com/socalathletics01#!

1st Place So Cal A's MDC
2nd Place Las Vegas St. Paddy's Day Blast
1st Place So Cal Athletics Winter Classic
1st Place USA Athletics Toys for Tots

This team will be one of the favorites to win PGF this year. They have good chemistry, having been together longer than any team in the division. They have played in alot of big games. They are very well coached and play some very good defense. They have some good athletes and depth. They have some big hitters on this team and can play small ball when needed. Their pitching rotation is as good as any team in the division, after picking up two good pitchers the last two seasons. They are the one team right now, that I feel can beat the Firecrackers on any given day.

4. So Cal Choppers - Black
https://www.facebook.com/SoCalChoppersBlack12u
1st Place TCS Best of the West
1st Place TCS Pre Thanksgiving Cup

This team had a very good fall season winning two TCS tournaments. They have been together since spring of 10u , so they have good chemistry. They hit the crap out of the ball , and run the bases well . Their pitching and defense look good, and they have alot of pieces to make a run at PGF. They can beat any one of the teams ranked above them with their bats. But pitching depth and defense needs to improve if they want to make a PGF title run. It is the only thing separating this team from the three above them.

5. OC Batbusters - Bracamonte
http://www.teammizunosoftball.org/region/sc12u00b/home/
:D PGF Qualified
t-3rd Place. ASA Brenda Marsh
1st Place. TCS OC Coastal Classic

This team has alot of talent. They are a new team, but many of the players played together in previous seasons. They are well coached and played well at Brenda Marsh against some very good teams. There are some good hitters on this team and alot of speed at the top of the lineup. They are aggressive on the bases, and are very solid defensively. They have some good pitchers that can hit their spots. But like many teams, their pitching is not as strong or deep like the top 3. Picking up a strong #1 pitcher from any of the top teams would make them a contender. I expect them to be one of the first teams to qualify for PGF.

6. OC Batbusters - Stith
https://tm12u.shutterfly.com/
1st Place Wicked Valentine's Day Classic

Even though they have lost many players since 10u, they still remain a very strong team. They are well coached and have some good athletes on this team. They have some big bats and 3 very good pitchers on this team. They play solid defense behind them, and they just know how to manufacture runs. Like always, I expect this team to reload with some big bats and be in the mix in August for a deep run at PGF. I think they will be the first So Cal team to qualify for PGF.

7. Corona Angels - Slye
http://www.eteamz.com/coronaangels12utysonslye/
:D PGF Returning Berth
1st Place TCS So Cal State Championship

This team looks good. They have some very good players on this team. A mix of girls from the So Cal Athletics and Corona Angels 10u teams. They have not played in any of the top tournaments this year so it will be interesting to see how they do against the top teams in Vegas. They are well coached. They have some big bats and very good speed on this team. Good pitchers who can hit their spots. If they can replace their #1 pitcher who they lost in the fall. They could make it very interesting come August and possibly upset one of the top teams. If not, I do not see them finishing in the top 10 at PGF.

8. Bownet - Monzo
http://www.bownetyouthsports.org/page/s ... etti-2013-
1st Place TCS Fall Classic

This is the team that won the 10u "B" title two years ago.They have been together for quite some time. They have been well coached, but it looks like they are making coaching changes to this team. They played well in the fall, played in some 14u tournaments but did not do as well. They have some good players on this team. They have a good #1 pitcher, and are always solid defensively. It will be interesting to see how they do against the top teams. I think this team is underrated, and will place higher at PGF than most would expect. Just like the Courage team did last year.

9. So Cal Athletics - Quarles
http://www.eteamz.com/scaquarles12u/
t-3rd Place ASA Brenda Marsh

This is the team that won 10u Nationals this last year. They have added some good 01 players to this team to help them compete this year. They did very well at Brenda March for such a young team. They hit the crap out of the ball. Solid pitching and defense behind them. Scrappy team that just knows how to win. They gave the top teams all they could handle in 10u and I expect much of the same this year. I think this young team will not only qualify for PGF. But they have the talent to finish in the Top 10. Spoiler team that most top teams will not want to draw early at PGF.

10. Firecrackers - Manny

This is the old Minors Gold team. They are a solid team with good, sound fundamentals. Coach is doing a good job with these girls. Good pitchers who hit their spots with a very good defense. They have some good bats and run the bases well. They pulled out a couple of big wins at Brenda Marsh. They are a scrappy team that could pull off a big upset at PGF . If they can add a strong #1 pitcher and a couple of big bats, they will be able to compete with the best at PGF.

11. Firecrackers - Blanco
http://firecrackers2001.com/

This team is good. They have a very good #1 pitcher that can carry them very far. They lost a couple of players in the fall. They have some good bats and speed. Defense is good. I expect them to be fighting for one of the last berths. If they get in, they can pull off the upset against one of the top teams with their pitcher. But I don't see them going deep into the tournament unless they add another pitcher and make some improvements defensively to their roster.

12. So Cal Choppers - Vidal
1st Place Artesia Punishers Christmas Tourney
T-3rd Place Las Vegas St. Paddy's Day Blast

This is a scrappy team. They are the core of the Wicked Black team from last season. They picked up some good players in the fall that has improved this team. They have a couple of very good pitchers and are solid defensively. They have a couple of big hitters and are a good baserunning team. They will be a tough out and gave two of the top teams all they could handle in the fall tournaments. Losing in two very close games. I expect this team will move up this list slowly. I think this team will qualify for PGF and possibly finish in the top 15.

13. OC Batbusters - Young
https://teammizunoryoung.shutterfly.com/
1st Place. Fresno. Force Classic

This is a young team. They played very well at Brenda Marsh. Losing a very close game to Choppers Black. Every poll has come back with a high ranking and positive things about this young team. They are well coached, scrappy bunch and should be fighting for one of the last berths to PGF. I have not seen this team much this year, but the future looks bright for this group of girls and Coaches. I don't expect this team to be ranked this high at the end of spring. But so far, off to a very good start.

14. Cal Thunder - Brocki
http://www.eteamz.com/CalThunder12U/

This team has some talent. Especially on the mound. They have some very good pitching that could shut down most of the top teams. They have some good bats and a solid defense. They are underrated team IMO and I expect that they will move up this list. Their pitching is much better than many of the teams ranked above them. If their defense improves and if they can pick up some more bats they will definitely be a contender in August. Another team that can pull off a major upset at PGF if they can qualify.

15. Team Nike - Betancur
http://www.eteamz.com/ABsoftball1/

I believe this is the old Team AB. They have a few big time hitters on this team. Their pitching is good and so is their defense. This team will beat you with their bats if you underestimate them. I heard they beat Thornburg's team in the fall. If they can pick up a strong pitcher and qualify for PGF. They will be one of those spoiler teams that you do not want to draw early at PGF. If they are able to qualify. If they don't qualify. I think that their hitters can drastically improve one the teams ranked above them and possibly make them a contender for the title.

16. So Cal 3D - Gold

This is a solid team all around. Good #1 pitcher that hits her spots. They are a good hitting team and run the bases well. They have good speed on the bases. Not much seperating this team from most of the teams ranked above and below them. They have a good chance to qualify for PGF and I expect they will be fighting for one of the last spots. If they can pick up a dominant pitcher, it can make the difference in them qualifying or not.

17. So Cal Show - Haskell
http://www.eteamz.com/socalshowhaskell/ ... cat=910821

This team had a good fall season. They played well in the fall tournaments and looked good.They have some good pitching, and a pretty good defense. A couple of big bats in the lineup and good speed. If this team can improve their roster they will have a good chance of qualifying for PGF. If not, I do not think they will.

18. OC United

Solid team all around. This is a new team and they looked good in the fall. They have some athletes on this team. And a couple of good pitchers who can hit their spots. They have good team speed and play solid defense. Like many teams, picking up a dominant pitcher can make a huge difference on this team. They will be fighting for one of the last berths to PGF.

19. Power Surge - Warrens
http://www.eteamz.com/powersurge01/
1st Place TCS February Frost

Alot of positive things being said about this team. Solid all around. Good hitting team, good defensively. They have some good pitchers who hit their spots. They did not play well at Brenda Marsh. I expect this team to improve as the season goes on and possibly move up this list. Will they qualify for PGF? Who knows? I have not seen enough of this team to give an opinion.

20. OC Batbusters - Montoya
https://ocbbmizuno12montoya.shutterfly.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TeamMizuno02Softball

This is another young team. This is the team that placed 2nd at 10u Nationals this past year. They played well in the fall and are doing good for being mostly an 02 team. They picked up some 01s on this team to compete this year. Good hitting team. Their pitching and defense is solid. I do not think this team will qualify for PGF this year. But will be one of the favorites for PGF going into next Spring.
Last edited by juandoe on Mon May 26, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 16 times in total.
juandoe

by softball wizard » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:36 pm

:cry: Darn! ...I made a whole batch of popcorn just to read this thread.. :lol:

Juandoe,
Appreciate the time & effort for the rankings..(If you build it..they will come~)
After St.Paddy"s day tourn. we should have clear cut top 5 favorites for PGF..

SOFTBALL TIP #1
ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOFTBALL SUCCESS AND SOFTBALL FAILURE~
softball wizard
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:00 pm

softball wizard wrote::cry: Darn! ...I made a whole batch of popcorn just to read this thread.. :lol:

Juandoe,
Appreciate the time & effort for the rankings..(If you build it..they will come~)
After St.Paddy"s day tourn. we should have clear cut top 5 favorites for PGF..

SOFTBALL TIP #1
ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOFTBALL SUCCESS AND SOFTBALL FAILURE~

First PFG qualifier is March 21-22. Another opportunity to see who is for real!
Thanks JD for doing an outstanding job, as usual. Can you tell us the total number of inputs you received?
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:28 am

Now that the first PGF Qualifier is in the books, has there been any movement in the middle or lower end of the rankings? I think the top is pretty much the same. What do you think?
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 714fastpitch » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:43 am

I agree tthe top 3 team have maintained high level of play, and maybe BB Steele slightly emerging into top seed. My D team played Socal 'A' early in Vegas tourney and I was.impressed And to are enjoyment we stayed to watch the finals. Thought we were watching a college game because play on both BB Steele and Socal Mercado was amazing. Only difference between these two teams was that the BB pitcher defentiely lives up to all the hype, and delivered one of the best performances of the.season. These 2 teams along with Firecraker Thornburg will be a tough opponent for anyone whom draws them in Premier.
714fastpitch

by Leftoutfield » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:46 pm

It's been fun watching the teams listed in above poll playing and improving the last 6 months. We are blessed in So Cal to have a whole lot of talented young ladies competing against the best of the best, week in week out. I think the Top teams could beat each other on any given day so it's hard to say that one or two teams are going to dominate everyone else. Some teams do well consistantly in friendlies and some don't, but in tournaments, the cream rises. So based upon what I've seen, my take on the Top 10 teams right now:

1. OCBB Steele
2. So Cal Athletics Mercado
3. Firecrackers Thornburg
4. Choppers Black
5. OCBB Stith
6. OCBB Bracamonte
7. Choppers Vidal
8. OCBB Young (Definitely the Most Improved!!)
9. Corona Angels Slye
10. So Cal Breakers

Firecrackers Manny, OC United, Firecrackers Blanco, EPOCH, OCBB Montoya and Williams,
Corona Angels '02, So Cal Athletics Quarles, could all fill the next 10 spots. There are just alot of young and improving teams out there.

Best of luck to all the 12U teams as they head towards PGF or ASA Nationals.
Leftoutfield

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:07 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
714fastpitch wrote: Thought we were watching a college game because play on both BB Steele and Socal Mercado was amazing. .

That's a bucket classic right there. 12u = College

Well you didn't expect him/her to say "high school," did you? ;)
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SlapperDadd » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:39 pm

Huh.. #4 Choppers Black. I thought they made a early exit to Bronze in Vegas? Interesting top 10... :shock:
SlapperDadd

by CoachJ75 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:47 pm

SlapperDadd wrote:Huh.. #4 Choppers Black. I thought they made a early exit to Bronze in Vegas? Interesting top 10... :shock:

I know that the Choppers lost 7-6 to Stingers Gold to knock them to the silver bracket. Stingers Gold then went on to beat Firecrackers Thornburg 2-0 the next day in the Gold bracket.
CoachJ75

by CoachJ75 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:07 am

A lot of the top teams listed are playing each other this Sunday at a friendly, so we'll see how they do.

I agree that the top three are all pretty even. OCBB Steele won Vegas beating SCA Mercado, but firecrackers Thornburg destroyed Steele at the Brenda Marsh.

Bownet Agnetti is now Bownet Black. I know they have had a few girls leave recently and their top pitcher is out for a while with an injury. They also don't play top competition.

SCA Quarles has had at least three girls leave in the last two weeks. Only one girl left from their championship team.

Angels Slye also does not appear to play any of the top teams. Who knows how good they are.

Choppers Vidal is okay. Just not sure they have the pitching. Also a no show at the PGF Qualifier. What's up with that? Even the teams with no prayer of getting a berth were there.

How does OCBB Stith rank so high and they got a berth. Confusing to me since I've seen them play and I'm unimpressed.
CoachJ75

Next

Return to CA