Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

ALICIA WANTS TO SAY "THANK YOU & MERRY CHRISTMAS"

What's on your mind?

by myallstarz » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:23 pm

Hey HeyBucket family, I just read the O.C register article and I can't believe that we are living through this incredible experience. This is the culmination of an amazing sequence of events. Thank you all for giving me more credibility as a parent. I told Alicia to believe in the goodness of people. Through these acts of kindness, you have proven, to her, that Dad was right. As a parent, I can never repay you for that lesson. This last month has been an unimaginable journey, there is so much to take-in. The timing, the symbolism, the true meaning of Christmas (the sacrifice of ONE for the benifit of so many - and in our case - the sacrifice of so many for the benifit of one). My daughter will never be the same. You have given me the ammunition to help build the foundation to support the woman that she will grow to be. That is worth more than my wieght in gold. Thank you for giving Alicia the gift of faith in the goodness of people. And for helping an old dad teach his daughter a great lesson. With that, Alicia wanted me to type her "thank you" message onto this post.

"I am so happy to be playing softball right now. I never thought so many people would care enough about me to make this story happen. Last night, my dad made us watch the movie, "Its a Wonderful Life." I had seen it before, but I never really fully appreciated the message. My dad says that everything in life has a message. I didn't really understand that until now. I really want to thank everyone for showing me that people are mostly good. Its hard to believe that when someone takes something away from you. But, I got a chance to feel people caring. It is an amazing feeling. My dad says to understand life you have to experience it and that it takes time to experience life. This has given me the best experience possible. I really do get it dad. I will try very hard to deserve all this. Merry Christmas everybody and thanks for making this my best Christmas. Its a wonderful life..."

Alicia #44
myallstarz
Premium Member
Premium Member

by cazzy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:18 pm

I love your story and the strength of the softball community. Merry Christmas Alicia. I hope you and your family have a great New Year.
"Nothing will work unless you do." John Wooden
cazzy
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Nzane » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:06 pm

Awesome............
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by 3'sDad » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:31 pm

A link to the site which ran your story was posted on Heybucket for all of us to read....we don't get much O.C. news here in New Jersey, but Merry Christmas to you #44.....there really are lots of good caring people in the US of A.
3'sDad

by heybucket » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:04 pm

Merry Christmas To you Alicia #44 ;)
Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them
heybucket

by myallstarz » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:09 am

Right now its 4:30 a.m., Christmas morning. I went out at 3:30 a.m because I was so anxious to get the morning copy of the Orange County Register for Alicia to have when she opens her gifts this morning. This article, this experience, the HeyBucket softball community have given us all the best gift ever. Now, I think writing on this site is theraputic for me. I have so much appreciation for this site and passion for softball in general, its hard to keep it all inside. Hope you all don't mind. Anyway, I'm going to wrap the newspaper for her to open this morning (she can see her bashful smile on the front page). Let me be the first today to say Merry Christmas HeyBucket and here's to hoping your New Year brings you the kind of joy that you all brought us this year.

By the way, Alicia played in a friendly this passed weekend, she used the new bat donated by Natalie from Notorious Sports (2010 TechZilla FP), she had five at bats (fielders choice, single, double, triple, and three run homerun. I have a feeling 2009 is going to be a special year. We are also looking forward to getting "Angels Wings" going. We hope to be able to do this every year for years to come. Its now 5:00 a.m., I better get a little sleep. The kids will probably be up in 10 minutes. If you haven't read the OC Register article, I put the site here. It is the cherry on top for us... Happy New Year HeyBucket...

Alicia is happy thanks to all of you
Part1
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/alic%20...%20ball-brown
Part2
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/alic%20...%20ftball-bag
myallstarz
Premium Member
Premium Member

by myallstarz » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:28 am

O.K., lets try this again. Hope it works...

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/alic ... ball-brown
myallstarz
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ice_67 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Merry Christmas Brown family! Looking forward to having Alicia back with the Power Surge 96 family! It should be a fun year....
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

by SSdad » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:04 pm

Merry Christmas Alicia. I hope this experience sort of renewed your faith in people. Glad I was able to be a part of it.
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

by Clean_up » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:34 am

Merry Christmas to the Brown Family and God Bless....
Clean_up

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions