Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Monster Mash

by Hipchickjewels » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Maybe I am missing something, but I believe that California Cruisers should be 1st in standings since they went undefeated beating all teams they played including So Cal Breakers?

California Cruisers had an amazing showing with a 7-0 record during the tourney.
Hipchickjewels

by ProfoundIndifference » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:40 pm

Hipchickjewels wrote:Maybe I am missing something, but I believe that California Cruisers should be 1st in standings since they went undefeated beating all teams they played including So Cal Breakers?

California Cruisers had an amazing showing with a 7-0 record during the tourney.

I agree. They faced off. Head to head says something, even if it's in pool play. It's also notable that 3 of the top 8 were in that same pool. Breakers lost to Punishers in pool then beat them in brackets. The same might have happened in a championship game between the Co-Champs.

Triple Crown (and the rain) cheated these two out of a championship showdown. I heard the TCS Rep say it was something about the cost of turning on the lights since it would go late?

It's early fall so there is nothing to stress about. These two will face off many times before Premier.
ProfoundIndifference
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Nateblv » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:36 am

With all the comments ablut the Rage team this weekend in Monster Mash, understand the softball here in Las Vegas is a little different. I saw some posts earlier talking about 02's playing 01's in an A ball tournament... This is not allowed here in Las Vegas. We are not allowed to play travel ball until league age 12 here. This means we haven't spent the time being able to develope the skills by playing top talent as long as the So Cal teams. Teams that go from Las Vegas to SoCal generally play in thier age level because your talent, skills have been developed faster and are better competition for our girls. When we play locally typically all our teams try to play up in fall. That being said, we here in Vegas look at the SoCal competition as being the highest we can compete against. I don't think it does anyone any good, for a sub par team (by socal standards) to play up and be out of thier element. If thats the case maybe SoCal should be looking into dividing the age groups up even smaller... Allowing 99's to play in 99'U tournaments, only 00's in 00'U tournamnets and so on. I didn't hear one complaint from the Breakers who beat Rage, they seemed ok with playing them.... In the end it was a 12U tournament, LV Rage is registered as a 12U team.
Nateblv

by LVBlast12 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:22 pm

First of all, congratulations to the Rage girls and their families for a good showing. They have some great kids and parents and I will not disrespect them. They played in the division their coach signed them up for against the teams put in front of them. Secondly, the quality of softball is fine in LV, despite the tone of Nate's post. The good programs register and play up in the fall because they know you go August to August to play the best competition in your age group for a year and prepare for state and whatever regional or national tourney you go to. Most LV teams in 12s this fall are made up of 00/01s and 14s of 99/98s. (by the way Nate 01's are league age 10 and many of them have been doing well in travel ball for a long time.) Rage does have 2 very good 2000 players, 2 of the best in town. But the vast majority are 99s and while they could have been playing the best 99 team in town this weekend, they (or he) chose to go to CA and play 12s and then come on here like there is no competition. And by the way Nate, some of those quality CA teams have Vegas kids on them in every age group and the good 99 teams are in 14 or even 16u tourneys. I'm sure the 2000 teams are fine with playing you, the better the competition, the more you know where you need to improve for spring/summer. Once again, I mean no disrespect to the Rage kids or families, the prior post just got under my skin.

Nate, you don't have to leave town for good competition...once your able to cross a run against the really good 99 teams, you never know what might happen.
LVBlast12

by TCS So Cal » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:15 pm

ProfoundIndifference...Lights and cost did not play into the decision at all! Actually we allowed the teams to decide what to do. One side of the 12u bracket was delayed on Sunday due to the rain and the winner of the other side of the bracket would have had to sit around and wait for the other to play the Champ. All teams managers were notified of situation and they decided how to handle it.
TCS So Cal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to CA