Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

18 Gold ASA Qualifier at Dyess & Collins Park

by Lunatic Fringe » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:54 am

I saw alot of rust on most teams yesterday and last night :D

Who is the TX Blaze? They looked very sharp as they demolished the Houston Power
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by Phantomz08 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:11 am

AE Express McCorkle had a good day after a rocky start Saturday morning.

Just one more I hope.

Would be very nice to get qualified now!

GJSS!!!!

Park has onions but no pickles for the burgers. :(

I only had one burger anyways. :D
If it ain't broke, why fix it??
Phantomz08
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hit4power » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:19 am

Who is the TX Blaze? They looked very sharp as they demolished the Houston Power

Believe they are out of CenTex area...?

Both Power teams out early, and the "main" Power team (Glowaz) gone 2 and Q - Wow

Hadn't seen Rapid Fire before this weekend. Their pitcher committed to Baylor is the real deal...

Looks like its coming down to Rapid Fire, Sudden Impact, Aces Express, and Glory

I'll predict Rapid Fire, Sudden Impact, and Aces Express get the bids....
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TexasYellowBall » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Lunatic Fringe wrote:I saw alot of rust on most teams yesterday and last night :D

I am not a fan of the Texas Blaze, but if you have not heard of them then you know nothing about softball or follow softball. They have solid players and solid teams.
TexasYellowBall

by Phantomz08 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:10 pm

Rapid Fire and Glory Shelton qualify out of winners bracket.

Aces Express McCorkle qualify out of losers bracket.

Great weekend of softball. Saw lots of really good quality teams.

GJSS
If it ain't broke, why fix it??
Phantomz08
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Lunatic Fringe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:26 pm

TexasYellowBall wrote:
Lunatic Fringe wrote:I saw alot of rust on most teams yesterday and last night :D

I am not a fan of the Texas Blaze, but if you have not heard of them then you know nothing about softball or follow softball. They have solid players and solid teams.

I agree. They looked solid.

I don't recall which Bombers team I was looking at, but they looked very sharp too
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by AlmostDone » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:43 am

Ehh spent a couple of days here watching my DD's team play less than spectactular. Congrats to the teams that qualified. Teams were not the only ones showing rust.

Some of the calls I saw this weekend were awful. Not just speaking of our games saw them on lots of different fields. If you are going to call a girl out for being out of the box (while she is sacraficing from the right side) alteast have a batters box drawn (Field had not been chalked all day). It would also help if you did not make the call from Right Field.....

/End Rant.
AlmostDone

by AlmostDone » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:17 am

Spazsdad wrote:
AlmostDone wrote:Ehh spent a couple of days here watching my DD's team play less than spectactular. Congrats to the teams that qualified. Teams were not the only ones showing rust.

Some of the calls I saw this weekend were awful. Not just speaking of our games saw them on lots of different fields. If you are going to call a girl out for being out of the box (while she is sacraficing from the right side) alteast have a batters box drawn (Field had not been chalked all day). It would also help if you did not make the call from Right Field.....

/End Rant.

Not aware of any umpire mechanic that places the BU in RF during a pitch :roll:

The guy was standing just outside the grass between 1st and 2nd. He did not call her out for the ball hitting her. He called her out for being out of the nonexistant batters box. :/
AlmostDone

by GO REBS » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:27 am

Bigbaddude must have been at the same game as me. It was the only game i saw all weekend with 3 umpires.

GO REBS
GO REBS

by HoustonFastpitch » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:27 pm

Rapid Fire, Glory and Aces Express are very talented and played well all weekend...their bids were well deserved against what I thought is a strong group of Texas gold teams this year.

Final 8 were the usual suspects...the three that qualified plus Eclipse, Storm-Wymer, Sudden Impact, Blaze and Peppers. I expect these 5 teams to qualify before it's all said and done. I thought the Bombers looked very solid as well...they lost to Peppers and Aces Express by 1 run each.

Surprise teams on the positive side: Buzz has a lot of talent and only lost to Glory and Storm by 1 run each. Also Aces Express Jacoby made a nice run through the loser's bracket after losing badly in first bracket game to Sudden Impact.

Surprise teams on the negative side: Houston Power, Hawks, and Magic. Three teams that have been around for awhile that really struggled this weekend.
Last edited by HoustonFastpitch on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoustonFastpitch

Next

Return to TX