Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

NFCA Pennsbury Academic Recruiting Camp

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by EverySingleWeekend » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Hi-
MY DD is a sophomore with a high GPA, etc etc. She wants to attend the NFCA Pennsbury Academic Camp in June. The hitch is, she's a pitcher and has to provide her own catcher. We are coming from California. (Mom doesn't do glove duty!)
Does anyone have any ideas, besides bringing along a teammate just to catch for her? I was thinking we could pick up a catcher from that area but no idea of where I would start looking or asking.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
EverySingleWeekend

by ontheblack » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:11 pm

EverySingleWeekend wrote:Hi-
MY DD is a sophomore with a high GPA, etc etc. She wants to attend the NFCA Pennsbury Academic Camp in June. The hitch is, she's a pitcher and has to provide her own catcher. We are coming from California. (Mom doesn't do glove duty!)
Does anyone have any ideas, besides bringing along a teammate just to catch for her? I was thinking we could pick up a catcher from that area but no idea of where I would start looking or asking.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

start with the local HS softball coaches
ontheblack

by hit4power » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:59 pm

have you tried posting on the Pennsylvania part of the Regional News section here on HB?
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Where in the country are you coming from?
jonriv

by jonriv » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:00 am

Spazsdad wrote:
jonriv wrote:Where in the country are you coming from?

Not quite sure
We are coming from California

It would seem like they would have catchers attending the camp. Maybe you could get a referral from them.

I guess I missed that!

The Pennsbury Academic recruiting camp is very interesting. It is usually a day before the regular Pennsbury camp. It is very small and intimate. 20-30 players. It usually is attended by a very small group of coaches, usually from the Ivies, Patriot, and Nescac. DD's friend went to it (she is now at Bowdoin) If you are looking to be recruited by this type of school this is a great camp

The regular Pennsbury Camp was HUGE. It was also the best run Showcase Camp my DD attended. They ran the girls from Hitting, fielding, running as well as sprints, jumping and shuttleruns. It was attended by coaches from throughout the East Coast.

If your player is a top scholar and plans on going to an Ivy, Patriot or NESCAC school- the academic showcase is the place. If not the regular cam might be a better choice

As far as catchers- find-out what teams are attending the tourney that weekend-especially those form the Eastern PA or Western, NJ areas. Camp is held in a cornfield just across the river from Trenton, NJ on the edge of Bucks County, PA
jonriv

by 3'sDad » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:39 am

I just registerd the DD for the Pennsbury Recruiting Events - both the Academic on Wednesday & the Regular Camp on Thursday. She is a P/OF and the form stated she could not do both at the Academic camp , so she'll have to attend two days. No big deal, school finishes the week prior.

Her team is playing that weekend in the Pennsbury event, so she should have one of her catchers available, provided they are not taking Final exams that week.
3'sDad

by EverySingleWeekend » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:08 am

All great suggestions, thanks so much!

Yes, she's definitely a type-A kid who wants to (can) go Ivy or similar. I also appreciate the feedback on the camp as well.

If you have a catcher who will be in the area and is interested in making a little $ PM please!
EverySingleWeekend

Return to College Recruiting