Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Legitt Softball Camps

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by softball_rules5 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:00 am

Have received a number of emails regarding the Legit Softball Camp in St. Louis with 50 top D1 schools coach's in attendance. I am wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts on this camp. Is it worth it? Is it over hyped? Is it a good starting point for a young recruit?
softball_rules5

by NumeroUno » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:14 am

The way I feel about a lot of camps is if you can afford them then go. You never know who will be there and you never know when your DD will have a big day in front of the right people. Plus for the younger players it gets them use to competing for a spot in front of a lot of eyes.

There are a lot of camps that people say they are just money makers and that could be true, but even at a money maker camps, your DD shines she could leave with a deal.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by DDG » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:03 pm

Look at the list of school they claim will be there. If your kid is interested in any of them, email the coach and ask if they plan on attending the camp. If they reply "yes", then this is a great opportunity. If they reply "No", it would be hard to trust anything this guy says. We have done this in the past with other camps/showcases. Most coaches, or their assistants, will respond.

Read the website. The head guy's credentials are not terrible, just not real impressive. From the website:
" Andy has coached the Esprit 18U team for the past 4 summers and has successfully assisted over 30 players achieve their goal of playing softball collegiately."

There are 100's if not 1,000's of organizations that could claim to have "assisted over 30 players achieve their goal.." I'm just sayin.

Also, look under Past Camps. It's not clear if the schools listed actually attended, or simply indicated they may attend. Either way, it looks like the largest camp had 15 schools. They must have been doing some real leg work to get 50 committed for the july camp.

It's possible this camp really is great and they just have a poor P.R. Department...

I'm sure you could find similar concerns about most camps or individual showcases. You just need to keep doing your homework.
DDG

by crashsdaddy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:04 am

FWIW, I signed my DD up for a camp they were holding in Atlanta. It was cancelled due to a lack of attendance and they said I'd get a refund within a month. They had no problem taking my money, not sure why it would take so long to give it back. I'm also not convinced they couldn't get a enough players to attend given the roster of coaches they claimed would be there.
crashsdaddy

by yes dear » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:07 am

My daughter went to the camp in Dallas on 7/16/13. She said it was the best one day camp she has been to. She's been to 4 different ones. I don't know how many college coaches were there.
yes dear

by coachbgb » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:50 pm

I hosted a Legit Softball camp at my park in So Cal about a month ago. (Noble Creek Park in Beaumont). Every thing Andy said they were going to do happened. Of the 12 D1 schools listed only one didn't show up and that was because of a last minute personal problem. Even with that they had a total of 14 coaches in attendance including UCLA, Alabama, Arizona State, San Diego State, Long Beach State, Cal State Northridge plus many others.. It was the best one day camp I have seen. Ive been coaching !8G in southern California for over 10 years. During certain times I viewed as few as 6 players with a D1 coach. There were about 100 players at this camp and all I saw left happy. For the price and the quality of coaches I dont think you can beat it.
coachbgb
Premium Member
Premium Member

by koliver0919 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:37 pm

I paid for the June 10th and 11th, 2014 Lancaster Camp back in April, 2014. 1 week before the Camp was to take place, I received an email from Legit Softball stating the camp was cancelled, and that I would receive a full refund within 30 days. It has now been almost 45 days, and no refund. Andy Heifner will not return any of my emails, or phone calls. All the families that I know who also paid for this camp, have the same issue. Anyone have any info about thist? Did Legit Softball Company close it's doors?
koliver0919

by McK2021 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:03 am

San Antonio was cancelled too. Wife was stuck with hotel bill since she booked w/ Expedia. Expedia would not refund either. Legit did refund her for this and Lancaster. Legitt does not seem legit anymore......... :twisted: :o
McK2021

by svacko » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:18 pm

I also paid for the June 10th and 11th, 2014 Lancaster Camp back in January 2014. 1 week before the Camp was to take place, I received an email from Legit Softball stating the camp was cancelled, and that I would receive a full refund within 30 days. It has now been over 2 months, and no refund. Andy Heifner will not return any of my emails, or phone calls. I have seen the post from koliver0919. What can we do?
svacko

by Big_Stick » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:05 pm

No refund here either for the Lancaster/Palmdale camp. No reply to email. Mr Heifner is the 18u coach of Esprit and I'm hoping that he has just been busy finishing up the end of their season.

Here is another email address for Andrew Heifner besides the one he gives for Legit Softball Camps. I was able to find them on their team websites.
http://www.espritsoftball.org/home.html
http://www.leaguelineup.com/miscinfo.as ... =970514645
Esprit 18U
Andy Heifner
Manager / Coach
aheifner@aol.com
a.heifner@espritsoftball.org
Big_Stick
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to College Recruiting