Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Help getting my daughter noticed

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by harnabee » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Need help getting my daughter noticed by a college!!! We live in Indiana, but looking at colleges in the Florida area!
harnabee

by jonriv » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:08 pm

What year is she?

First step-make a list of schools she would like to got- Div I, II, III etc- Reach, Comfort & Safety

Second Step-fill out the recruiting profiles at each of the school's she is interested in- get on their radar

step 3 e-mail coaches
jonriv

by hit4power » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Just curious - why Florida and are you looking at schools anywhere else?
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by harnabee » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:45 pm

She is 16 yrs old and finishing up her sophomore yr. We are wanting to relocate to Florida and she is wanting to pursue a dolphin training career.
Do you recommend do the leg work yourself or go through a recruiting service???
harnabee

by hit4power » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Personally, I would not recommend a recruiting service. I think you will have more success with direct contact. Jonriv's post lists the basic steps you (your DD) need to take, but I would add that she needs follow-up with phone calls to coaches. Coaches get a ton of email, phone calls help distinguish your kid and make her something more than just email or a skills video sitting in the proverbial inbox.

My other comment is that there can't be that many schools that offer a dolphin training (marine biology?) major and the shorter your list of schools the harder it can be to get recruited unless DD is a real stud.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Coach11 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:06 pm

harnabee wrote:Need help getting my daughter noticed by a college!!! We live in Indiana, but looking at colleges in the Florida area!

Look into attending softball clinics at the school(s) she is most interested in persueing.

Here's a thread I started not too long ago. Lotsa good advice to be had:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37191
Coach11

Return to College Recruiting