Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

You just never know.....

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by jonriv » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:36 am

Was talking to a friend of mine whose daughter had played with my daughter. The first two TB teams my daughter played on were very different-

team a- a virtual all-star team of top talent form our area- won several tournaments and was usually a top finisher in any tournament, Feared by many Winning team all the way up to 18u

team b- good core of players, but made up largely of rec players making the move. Went three tournaments before getting first win. barely won any games until final tournament of the summer

team a-four players(including my daughter) have gone on to play in college(all four moved on to other teams first)

team b- six players(including my daughter) have gone on to play in college(two moved on)

I never would have thought it. I guess it shows that the individual player can be as(if not more important) than the team they are playing for in the recruiting process-at least sometimes
jonriv

by CrushersDad » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:20 am

There are 3 kids that DD played rec ball with who are still playing softball. 1 is on her HS team and plays summer TB, the other 2 play for different HS's and also play summer TB. Pretty sure all 3 will play college ball at some level.

There is 1 kid that she played HS ball with that went on to play at a JC back east 2 years ago and 1 from last year that warms the bench for a local JC.

If your DD is at 12U or younger, look around and realize that only about 5% of the kids that she plays with now will still be playing in college.
CrushersDad

by jonriv » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:40 am

When putting together the end of season video for the HS Dinner- my daughter included some photos from the town rec all-star travel team from 10u & 12u--- only five girls from those teams were still playing(roster was 14) Two are now in college and of the three others-perhaps only 1 or 2 will play in college
jonriv

Return to College Recruiting