Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Your DD'd Team not going to Rising Stars??

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by jonriv » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:52 am

If your DD's team is not going to Rising Stars(or some other major showcase) - no problem. Sign up to be a pick-up or guest player. Since Rising Stars in Florida is a huge trip for many teams, there are quite a few occasions when the need players. Go to the website http://www.triplecrownsports.com/player ... rnyid=4472 and sign up. We did this a few years ago and linked up with a team(in fact had offers from over ten) I have known several people that have done the same.

Great way to exposure, meet new people, and to show College Coaches you have some initiative.

As always- make sure to contact coaches to let them know your game schedules and locations
jonriv

by softballdreams » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:08 am

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the link you posted to work. Is it still current? Thanks.
softballdreams

by THE GODFATHER » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Good to know, Thanks!
THE GODFATHER

by jonriv » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Any luck softball dreams?
jonriv

by softballdreams » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:44 pm

It works! Thank you so much...
softballdreams

by jonriv » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:43 am

For those who have never been to Rising Stars(or any very large showcase) It can be an intimidating place. HUGE facilities, lots of coaches and hundreds of players.

Some quick advice:

1) Contact coaches before hand. Let them know where, when, and with whom you are playing. Make it easy for them. My wife got in a conversation with a coach in the ladies room. The coach told my wife that she found it to be almost too big.

2) Fall showcase can get rain- January's has had some real cold spells(yes, even in Florida) I believe it even snowed 2 years ago and they had falling iguanas.

3) Make sure your daughter enjoys herself- they will probably handle the pressure better than you

4) Parents should play "scout the scout" Identify what coaches are there and which ones are watching. make sure that your daughter sends a follow-up letter or e-mail thanking the coach for watching

5) try not to listen to other parents- you will know what I mean!!!!

Different people have different experiences there. Some have done well, loved the fields etc. Others have hated it. The one thing for sure is it is HUGE.
jonriv

Return to College Recruiting