Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Realities of recruiting(from the NFCA)

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by jonriv » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:01 am

✔ “Of the over 1100 colleges fielding fastpitch softball teams, only about HALF offer any form of softball scholarships. This means that the majority of girls playing softball in college right now aren’t receiving athletic-based aid.”

✔ “Even at the “fully funded” programs (meaning 12 full scholarships for Division I and 7.2 for Division II) most players on the team will get only partial scholarships and some may have to make the team as walk-ons.”

✔ “Without a doubt, every college-bound softball player would love to be offered a full athletic scholarship. But unfortunately, the competition for athletic aid is getting tougher each year. In case you’re not lucky enough to get a scholarship offer, be prepared. Look at all of your financial aid options.”

For more recruiting information, visit WWW.NFCA.ORG!
jonriv

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:18 am

And yet, in the last month I have heard of 5 girls getting full athletic scholarships, of which I reply BS!!!! My favorite one is the girl that went to the school without being asked told the coach she was coming to the school and would love to play softball for them. Of course any smart coach is going to say yes if they don't have to pay for it. Just don't come back and tell everyone you got a full athletic ride.

This just proves that girls need to keep their grades up so they can get the rest of the money in school aide.

Ok, sorry, getting off my soap box.....NOW!!! :D
Sftbll4ever

Return to College Recruiting