Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

College Coach Questionnaire

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by CFAdmin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:49 am

I'm in a unique position that allows me to ask quite a few College Coaches to answer a quick five question survey about the Recruiting Process. I'd like to get to the "heart of the matter" and ask the right questions that will allow us all to best use our time.

Sample questions:
Is an exposure tournament the best place to get noticed?
How strongly do you judge the "intangibles" of a player if they're clearly a talent?
Etc.

If you had two (2) minutes of a College Coach's time and were able to ask him a couple of questions, what would they be? Or if you're a Coach what do you wish players/parents would ask you to streamline the process of getting the right players for your program.

Results of poll will be published on www.chicagofastpitch.com.
CFAdmin

by hit4power » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:54 am

OK, I'll bite

1) Coaches get dozens maybe hundreds of requests to "come see me play". How do you decide which kids you are going to go watch?
2) Initial impressions can be critical in this process. When you are watching a kid what's the first thing you are likely to notice (good or bad) about her?
3) When you talk to a player's coaches - what's the one thing you really hope to hear, and what's one thing that will turn you off of a player?
4) If you could talk directly to the parents of prospective college players, what's the thing you'd most want to tell them (What's the one thing you wish more parents knew about this process?)
5) Of all the recruits I've signed, there are a handful that stand out in my memory as exceptional student-athletes because they_______________, (Fill in the blank)
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Daddylawman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:07 am

Are you more likely to see a potential recruit because of the team/organization she is with?

Are certain majors discouraged because the conflict with the time committed to softball?

How much of a recruiting video do you actually watch?
Daddylawman

Return to College Recruiting