Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

NFCA Pennsbury Academic Recruiting Camp

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by exD1dad » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:01 pm

DD got accepted to the Academic Camp today & the kid is stoked :D We jumped on the first team to offer her a spot to play & despite it not being her favorite position, at least she's on a team & will play. The coach has been going for 15 years & has said a lot of nice things about both the camps & the tourney which is really geared for exposure. She'll take an unofficial to Princeton (after the camp & before the tourney) as that is her 1st choice. Now if she keeps hitting @ HS as she's moved up the list for her CIF District & now sits in the top 50 only 2 spots behind Uno's oldest DD (that well known power hitting studdette) she'll have some nice stats to show off as well.
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:04 pm

exD1dad wrote:DD got accepted to the Academic Camp today & the kid is stoked :D We jumped on the first team to offer her a spot to play & despite it not being her favorite position, at least she's on a team & will play. The coach has been going for 15 years & has said a lot of nice things about both the camps & the tourney which is really geared for exposure. She'll take an unofficial to Princeton (after the camp & before the tourney) as that is her 1st choice. Now if she keeps hitting @ HS as she's moved up the list for her CIF District & now sits in the top 50 only 2 spots behind Uno's oldest DD (that well known power hitting studdette) she'll have some nice stats to show off as well.

Congratulations exD1dad...that is awesome!
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Awesome news!!!!! Good luck and enjoy
jonriv

by exD1dad » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Thanks JonRiv & FastPitchDad...DD has busted her butt on the field & in the classroom pursuing her goals.
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:30 pm

exD1dad wrote:Thanks JonRiv & FastPitchDad...DD has busted her butt on the field & in the classroom pursuing her goals.

Proof that hard work does pay off...nice. :D
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 3'sDad » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:36 pm

See yah there ex D1.

We received the email today as well. DD is also signed up for pick-up, but I just did that last week when she received her summer schedule. Someone will grab her to play OF.
3'sDad

by exD1dad » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:22 am

Hey 3'sDad the Chicago area coach who picked up my DD diplomatically stated the pick up list was not filled with strong player so wishing your DD good luck in finding a team for the tourney :)

See ya in June!
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 3'sDad » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:59 pm

thx Ex....she'll get picked up; coaches all scramble at the last minute when someone gets hurt. If she doesn't, they all get to see her on Wednesday & Thursday (for her other position) & then it's an off weekend.
3'sDad

by Crankymom » Thu May 01, 2014 1:31 pm

3's Dad:

Thanks for encouraging my 2016 to apply for Pennsbury Academic Recruiting Camp on another softball forum. She waited until last Friday to apply and she was accepted today. You may recall her...the 2016 who refused to prep for the SAT.
Crankymom

by 3'sDad » Fri May 02, 2014 6:19 am

Cranky: I'm certainly glad this worked out for your family. The event is 1st rate, well run and worth the time and money, even if the DD ultimately decides she doesn't want to play at the next level.

Better to see what she can face playing at the next level at the kind of schools she's interested in attending.

If you're there for the weekend, you can go watch the regular recruiting camp pitching try-outs the next day if DD isn't registered to do that camp. DD did outfield at the regular camp lasy year and there is some overlap so I had the chance to watch the kids pitching - I've never seen so many tall blond girls in one place - the skill level was pretty high.

I hope we get the opportunity to see one another in a few weeks.

BK
3'sDad

PreviousNext

Return to College Recruiting