College Softball

NCAA TOUNEY SELECTION

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by NumeroUno » Sun May 15, 2016 11:46 am

Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by as the world turns » Mon May 16, 2016 8:29 pm

How did Bakersfield make it in? Saw them at Northridge....um....let's just say their RPI is 228. The WAC should not have an automatic bid.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by as the world turns » Mon May 16, 2016 9:13 pm

Spazsdad wrote:I favor automatics bids. You can't help your conference. Look at JMU.
Gotta spread the love around

I see your point, but look at the WAC, it's made up of everyone's leftovers. And one of the better teams does not participate in the postseason. Why can't GCU participate in the NCAA tournament anyway?
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by PDad » Tue May 17, 2016 11:46 am

as the world turns wrote:And one of the better teams does not participate in the postseason. Why can't GCU participate in the NCAA tournament anyway?

Apparently it's due to their recent move from D2.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9518012/grand-canyon-business-model-causing-stir-division-hoops-college-basketball

Majerle now commands a program that recently joined a restructured Western Athletic Conference. The former Division II school is unique because it's currently the only for-profit institution at the Division I level.

The latter has created controversy, but that's a minor disturbance for Majerle. He's focused on the challenge of recruiting prospects to a program that won't be eligible to compete in the NCAA tournament until the 2017-18 season because of a four-year reclassification process. Majerle still expects to build a prestigious and competitive squad on the Phoenix-based campus in the coming years.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GnG » Tue May 17, 2016 2:05 pm

@atwt why are you hating so much on the WAC and CSU Bakersfield. They made it to the NCAA Tournament by winning the WAC Tournament, thus receiving WAC'S automatic bid. I wonder if your view would be different if New Mexico St (winning record and 7th in ncaa in team batting average ) would have won the WAC tourney. In the end CSUB won when it mattered.
I agree with Spazsdad regarding automatic bids and can't help who's in your conference. At the end of the day it's another group of girls that get to continue to play the game they love and get to experience the road to the WCWS. Never know they might surprise everyone. Every program in any sport has to start somewhere and this might be the beginning of good things to come for CSUB programs. After all this year CSUB has won 4 WAC Championship (softball, men's basketball, baseball,women's volleyball ). All in all , it just irks me when folks come here and just talk nonsense and quick to discount others just because they don't belong to the bigger conferences or the popular opinion.
I'm the end CONGRATULATIONS to all the teams that made it to NCAA tournament and good luck to all because at this point everyone's record is 0-0 .
GnG

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue May 17, 2016 2:22 pm

GnG wrote:@atwt why are you hating so much on the WAC and CSU Bakersfield. They made it to the NCAA Tournament by winning the WAC Tournament, thus receiving WAC'S automatic bid. I wonder if your view would be different if New Mexico St (winning record and 7th in ncaa in team batting average ) would have won the WAC tourney. In the end CSUB won when it mattered.
I agree with Spazsdad regarding automatic bids and can't help who's in your conference. At the end of the day it's another group of girls that get to continue to play the game they love and get to experience the road to the WCWS. Never know they might surprise everyone. Every program in any sport has to start somewhere and this might be the beginning of good things to come for CSUB programs. After all this year CSUB has won 4 WAC Championship (softball, men's basketball, baseball,women's volleyball ). All in all , it just irks me when folks come here and just talk nonsense and quick to discount others just because they don't belong to the bigger conferences or the popular opinion.
I'm the end CONGRATULATIONS to all the teams that made it to NCAA tournament and good luck to all because at this point everyone's record is 0-0 .

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. ATWT is a big chit-stirrer from way back. You just made his day... :lol: :roll: :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Tue May 31, 2016 7:56 am

It's to bad Oregon lost to UCLA.

I would have really liked to see the Ducks do it.

Who's going to win title this year ?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Pale Rider » Tue May 31, 2016 9:03 am

NumeroUno wrote:It's to bad Oregon lost to UCLA.

I would have really liked to see the Ducks do it.

Who's going to win title this year ?

Think its gonna be OK vs somebody...

However, I do hope they can come with better umps...saw some dirty tricks going on...players basically stand with toes on plate...an imaginative strike zone etc
At least we shouldn't have the replanting / lane issue being so visible and allowed at WCWS
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to College Softball