Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

After College Softball

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:59 pm

jonriv wrote:Keep them coming :D

Yesterday was a very "real" day in "After College Softball" My DD has been ling in a sublet apartment for few months. She just took over the lease and the apt is now officially "hers" With that the sub-letter took back their furniture. Yesterday I moved in my DDs stuff. Couch, Bed(that had to be built)table stereo etc... Did the whole u-haul thing. The big thing was that I was not sad, not melancholy- I was happy and very proud. My little girl has become a pretty accomplished young woman.

In an exchange I am sure many of you are used to. A few weeks ago when my DD "scheduled" me to move her. I asked her, "What makes you think I'm doing this?" Her response was-"I'm a Princess and your my Daddy" How could I say no :D

Treasure the times at the field and in the car- they go by way too fast

When my daughter was 3 years old we were at the softball fields watching her cousin play rec All-Stars and someone said to me what a good dad I was and how they noticed how I chased my daughter around and took care of her all day (her mom was my niece's coach so it was just me to watch all 4 kids).

I responded by thanking them and then saying to my daughter, "Mantha (Samantha), show everyone the finger you have daddy wrapped around..."

Without blinking she raised up her hand with her pinky extended. :shock:

But of course she's 18 now so all that has changed... :lol: :oops: :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:46 am

This has been a tough week. DD's former college team started their season down in Florida. I miss not going down. I do get previews and updates, but obviously not the same. One of my DD's teammates is down there(her sister is on the current team) so she sends scouting updates etc...(DD forwards them to me) It's fun to follow and my wife and I still root for them. They even have a real good freshman catcher from SoCal who has had a great start.

DD and her friends(she sees her fellow graduated former teammates every month) are trying to figure out what games they will go to and prep for their own "travel" game

For now I get to root for DDs successes at work. You really see how college athletics helps- competition, the ability to perform under pressure, teamwork etc.. in regards to the real world.

I can't emphasize enough- enjoy this time now. See as many games as possible because it goes by too fast!
jonriv

by hit4power » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:47 am

Headed to Clermont in two days.....for the last time :(

The emotional rollercoaster zooms nearly daily between excitement, sadness, pride, satisfaction, and ten other emotions
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:22 pm

hit4power wrote:Headed to Clermont in two days.....for the last time :(

The emotional rollercoaster zooms nearly daily between excitement, sadness, pride, satisfaction, and ten other emotions

Enjoy- wish I was going :D
jonriv

by jonriv » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:25 am

It's been over a year since DD played her last college game :( , but this weekend she and her former teammates(graduates from 2012-2016) will be playing an 18+ tournament in Lowell Massachusetts. Borrowed pants from their college, Pink t-shirts they made for the alumni game, equipment borrowed from the school and an undying fire for "one last try" these young ladies, self funded from their own growing careers are moving forward

I have been preparing my folding chair, cooler and special gatorade for my DD

I can't wait!!!!
jonriv

by jonriv » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:39 am

Girls did ok. Lost first two games and won their third(after knocking the rust off). They hit a few homeruns and flashed the leather in the field. They had a great time and vowed to do it again. Two of the pitchers had not pitched in three years!

Sunday had an 8am game and had to face former Tufts ace Allison Founier. Needless to say they did not win that

College supplied them with pants and gift bags from the Alumni assoc
jonriv

by jonriv » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:28 am

Well it happened, after getting together for an 18+ tournament the Babaon Alumni team has caught the bug! Realizing they did pretty well- they said"Imagine how good we could be if we actually prepared and practiced" Now the are looking to signup for tournament number two!!! Team includes graduates from 2012 to 2016- what a blast!!
jonriv

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:04 am

jonriv wrote:Well it happened, after getting together for an 18+ tournament the Babaon Alumni team has caught the bug! Realizing they did pretty well- they said"Imagine how good we could be if we actually prepared and practiced" Now the are looking to signup for tournament number two!!! Team includes graduates from 2012 to 2016- what a blast!!

Awesome! Have fun, Jon!
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to College Softball