Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Crowd the plate , it's Florida softball

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by NumeroUno » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:48 am

I have watched Florida play a few time this year. The Florida v. LSU games last weekend Florida was hbp 5 times in just one inning. Then I looked and saw that Florida has been hbp 69 times. Most teams are hbp less than 20.

I blame this on the new NCAA rule where a player does not have to try to get out of the way of a pitch that could hit her. Florida's coaches are taking the advantage of this rule and it is not good for the game. Every game I watched them play his players are as close to the plate as possible. If a pitcher throws a screw they turn into the pitch and get the base, it horrible but legal.

So with the top teams in the nation besides Florida who is abusing this rule?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by LaderaDD96 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:23 am

Not that My Kids School is any sense of an example.... we have only played 16 games because of weather... and only have 3 HBP so far! hahaha... long way away from Florida... Seems pretty Busch league, it will go away when girls without helmet masks start taking them on the chin.
LaderaDD96
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:40 pm

Completely bush league. Rules committee has had a lot of time to look at it. Confused on why they would not address it.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:04 pm

NumeroUno wrote:I have watched Florida play a few time this year. The Florida v. LSU games last weekend Florida was hbp 5 times in just one inning. Then I looked and saw that Florida has been hbp 69 times. Most teams are hbp less than 20.

I blame this on the new NCAA rule where a player does not have to try to get out of the way of a pitch that could hit her. Florida's coaches are taking the advantage of this rule and it is not good for the game. Every game I watched them play his players are as close to the plate as possible. If a pitcher throws a screw they turn into the pitch and get the base, it horrible but legal.

So with the top teams in the nation besides Florida who is abusing this rule?

If a rule is a rule, then how can it be abused. Just ask the Patriots! LOL
tbjd33

by NumeroUno » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:12 pm

yes that it true I guess I worded it wrong
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Sam » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:15 pm

It has nothing to do with the rule and EVERYTHING to do with the elbow "protection" that sticks out 2-4" below the elbow. All of the FL players wear them, crowd the plate and actively seek to be hit on their elbow "protection." Its a joke that the NCAA needs to address.

Suggestion: No player can wear elbow protection on the arm closest to the pitcher unless the player can prove the existence of a current injury to that elbow justifying the need for the protection. This would be proved by a note from a physician. Further, any player with a note from a physician describing an injury to the arm closest to the pitcher when batting is not eligible for play until approved by the physician to participate without protection.

NHS, PGF, ASA and the like need to adopt the same rule. It is already beyond ridiculous.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by B34R DOWN » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:34 pm

Why not take away helmets too? How many are getting hit on the protector which covers maybe 6"x 4" of the arm? If you don't want them leaning into pitches make it a rule they have to at least try and avoid being hit or it's an out... Taking away protective gear isn't the answer...
B34R DOWN

by AlwaysImprove » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Sam wrote:It has nothing to do with the rule and EVERYTHING to do with the elbow "protection" that sticks out 2-4" below the elbow. All of the FL players wear them, crowd the plate and actively seek to be hit on their elbow "protection." Its a joke that the NCAA needs to address.

Suggestion: No player can wear elbow protection on the arm closest to the pitcher unless the player can prove the existence of a current injury to that elbow justifying the need for the protection. This would be proved by a note from a physician. Further, any player with a note from a physician describing an injury to the arm closest to the pitcher when batting is not eligible for play until approved by the physician to participate without protection.

NHS, PGF, ASA and the like need to adopt the same rule. It is already beyond ridiculous.

Just make the rule such that if it hits padding, no free base.

Rules committee has made a joke of the game. At least they stopped the Cal pitcher toe extender.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to College Softball