Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Does you DD's College Roster Show Majors?

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by DonnieS » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:13 am

Dugout Dad wrote:
DonnieS wrote:
PDad wrote:
DonnieS wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Yes, majors are displayed or if a player has not declared, that is noted.

Just checked, and my DD2's school doesnt show majors. I agree, I think its important , specially for kids that are looking for a school.

It's listed on all the players that have been there more than a week... I expect they'll fill out your DD's bio in the near future.

PERSONAL
Kaylee Strickland ... born to parents Kyle and Strickland and Jessica Milligan ... one of six children - Jordan, Brendon, Braden and Emma Strickland as well as Julie Milligan ... older sister Jordan is currently a senior outfielder at Baylor ... sociology major with a minor in criminology ... hopes to one day become a private investigator.

oh, yea, thats right - they did at ULL, HBU and A&M (for DD1) - I just looked on the roster - forgot to pull up the bio section.

Donnie, so she is playing for the Red Raiders. I need to catch up.

Yes - after a year of sitting out. When a 20 year old kid makes a mistake, NCAA makes them sit out a year.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CheckWriter » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Both DDs' schools show majors.

I think it was DD1's soph year that the NCAA did away with media guides because it was too expensive for the less funded schools. A page on each kid with pictures, standard stats and background info and a series of questions with each kid's answers. Still haven't come across anything I like better than older DD's reply to the prompt: Best advice you were ever given. Reply: wipe front to back.

A chip off the old smart ass block!
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to College Softball