Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Was Lucky Enough to Get my DD's First College HR on Video

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by LaderaDD96 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:46 am

Our Daughter is a Freshman SS at Towson University in Baltimore, The DW and I surprised her this past weekend with trip out from California, which happened to be her 18th Birthday :D ... This was Saturday 9/27 facing the University of Maryland in College Park, off of Senior Kaitlyn Schmeiser... filmed at 240fps on the new iphone 6... :) enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qv6eeL6TTw
LaderaDD96
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am

Congrats to Brook! Hoping that's the first of many home runs for her in college.
We were fortunate enough last spring to be at our kid's tournament in Vegas to see her give up the first home run of her college career.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by LaderaDD96 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:56 am

artomatic wrote:Congrats to Brook! Hoping that's first of many. home runs in college.
We were fortunate enough last spring to be at our kid's tournament in Vegas to see her give up her first career college home run.

I'm sure that didn't come with the same level of excitement that we enjoyed... hahaha...
LaderaDD96
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:20 pm

LaderaDD96 wrote:Our Daughter is a Freshman SS at Towson University in Baltimore, The DW and I surprised her this past weekend with trip out from California, which happened to be her 18th Birthday :D ... This was Saturday 9/27 facing the University of Maryland in College Park, off of Senior Kaitlyn Schmeiser... filmed at 240fps on the new iphone 6... :) enjoy

That is so awesome - sometimes you are in the right place at the right time. Keep filming !
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:06 pm

LaderaDD96 wrote:Our Daughter is a Freshman SS at Towson University in Baltimore, The DW and I surprised her this past weekend with trip out from California, which happened to be her 18th Birthday :D ... This was Saturday 9/27 facing the University of Maryland in College Park, off of Senior Kaitlyn Schmeiser... filmed at 240fps on the new iphone 6... :) enjoy

Love this post...HeyBucket needs more posts like this. Congrats!
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:36 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:

Agreed... Im too superstitious to video. That's a great moment.

Good stuff!
tbjd33

by jonriv » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Congrats. Must have been awesome for mom and dad

I always seem either not be filming or mess it up. :D I love the slo mo!
jonriv

by LaderaDD96 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:56 pm

tbjd33 wrote:

Agreed... Im too superstitious to video. That's a great moment.

Good stuff![/quote]

Funny you mention that, because typically im the same way whenever i would film it was like oops i jinxed it... Not this time! :lol: :lol: :lol:
LaderaDD96
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Mark H » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:01 pm

Good swing and I don't say that very often. If she looks that good on a pitch at the knees she's going to be a big deal for them. I bet they didn't give her a high pitch the rest of that game.
Mark H

by LaderaDD96 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:16 am

Mark H wrote:Good swing and I don't say that very often. If she looks that good on a pitch at the knees she's going to be a big deal for them. I bet they didn't give her a high pitch the rest of that game.

She said it was a Screw ball that she saw very well... and no, everything was down after that... :D Thanks, I got to give props to the coach that developed that swing... Pat Cochran is an amazing hitting coach, he worked with Brook for just about the last 3 years.
LaderaDD96
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to College Softball