Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

NESCAC outlaws booing

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by jonriv » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:36 pm

World, have you seen the acceptance rates at the ivies? Dartmouth has one of the higher rates and it is under 10%. Does not sound watered down( these are also the lowest acceptance rates in their history). What is the acceptance rate at your treasured schools?
jonriv

by fasterpitch92701 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Late to the party. Buckle up. Ok, pissants,... some of you are confirmed jackass's. Not all, but many. I got half way through the third page of this crap before I figured out that there are a lot of morons on this board and there was no point in reading further. Asthewordturns.... you are an ignorant dip$hit. Spazdad.... sorry, you're in the same league as astheworld turns.

I guess this board has turned into the narcissistic blowhard clown forum. Lets just $hitcan sportsmanship. Let's forget about what we are teaching our daughters. Let's forget about setting an example to live by. Let's forget about respecting others. Let's forget about respect for the individual or the team or the competition. Let's just be a jackass. It fits many of the blowhards on this board. And you wonder why the country is heading into the toilet. Congratulate yourself

I read the first 2+ pages before determining it was pointless to read further. If you dip$hits on the board finally figured out how moronic your perspective is, all based on your profound ignorance of NESCAC, then congratulations. If not, grow a set.

If those of you, the arrogant, pompous D1 bigots and asses, were just fishing for a reaction, congrats, you got one. Many of you owe an apology to jonriv. How many of you will man up? Probably none. No surprise. What a class group. Are you really, really proud of yourself? Will you print out this thread and give it to your daughter as an example of your life legacy?

Time to flush this board.
Last edited by fasterpitch92701 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fasterpitch92701

by Mark H » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Well I understand your sentiment and love your passion. Having said that, it doesn't take very many eraser throwers to turn a room into chaos so most of the people are pretty good people regardless of how it sounds. A message board will devolve to the lowest level the moderator allows. Good people will battle but eventually they tire because the eraser thrower is having fun and the good people are not. Worst case the good people realize they have become jerks battling the eraser throwers and check out in embarrassment at what they have become.
Mark H

by as the world turns » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:03 pm

fasterpitch92701 wrote:Late to the party. Buckle up. Ok, pissants,... some of you are confirmed jackass's. Not all, but many. I got half way through the third page of this crap before I figured out that there are a lot of morons on this board and there was no point in reading further. Asthewordturns.... you are an ignorant dip$hit. Spazdad.... sorry, you're in the same league as astheworld turns.

I guess this board has turned into the narcissistic blowhard clown forum. Lets just $hitcan sportsmanship. Let's forget about what we are teaching our daughters. Let's forget about setting an example to live by. Let's forget about respecting others. Let's forget about respect for the individual or the team or the competition. Let's just be a jackass. It fits many of the blowhards on this board. And you wonder why the country is heading into the toilet. Congratulate yourself

I read the first 2+ pages before determining it was pointless to read further. If you dip$hits on the board finally figured out how moronic your perspective is, all based on your profound ignorance of NESCAC, then congratulations. If not, grow a set.
If those of you, the arrogant, pompous D1 bigots and asses, were just fishing for a reaction, congrats, you got one. Many of you owe an apology to jonriv. How many of you will man up? Probably none. No surprise. What a class group. Are you really, really proud of yourself? Will you print out this thread and give it to your daughter as an example of your life legacy?

Time to flush this board.

I see you removed the Dl comment belittling Dl players and their choice of majors. Nice effort attempting to spell communications, did you give up after the ninth try? I hope you feel good blasting girls for wanting to play college ball, it's not only about the major and choice of school, it's about the person and what they do with their lives, you $nob. Ignorance is a big word you should not be using.

Regarding Jon, he was smart enough to know Babson is a damn good school for his DD. It is a conservative, but diverse institution, nice blend.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by jonriv » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:55 am

Babson is an interesting place. It is one of the three B's(for business;babson,Bentley and Bryant). The only major is business and it has an exceptional entrepreneurial program. Small student body 1800 and is located in a small affluent community outside Boston. Very competitive and an incredible reputation for getting graduates excellent jobs

We were recommended to babson by my dd's guidance couselor. We had it on our list, had fille out the recruit profile and had sent coach info, but had not heard from them. When we set up and met the coach, he had a whole folder on my dd and had been watching her several times( you just never know) it has been an excellent fit for my dd, she would not have gotten in without softball. They have strong academics as well as strong athletics
jonriv

by Mark H » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:55 am

I rest my case.
Mark H

by Daddylawman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:23 am

Holy cow what a mess. Everything that needs to be said has except this...Mark I think you have every reason to love Dartmouth (and Stanford) and I'd be a heck of a lot less modest in your shoes, but I will say that for the girls who can make it, other Ivies may be a better fit for some....say Brown for example :D :D
Daddylawman

by jonriv » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:08 am

For those more conservatively inclined, Princeton or Penn might be the schools of choice in the Ivy. Of course, your major can play a huge role. A business major at Harvard will have a much different experience than a Sociology major( true at any school).
jonriv

by PDad » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:25 pm

jonriv wrote:World, have you seen the acceptance rates at the ivies? Dartmouth has one of the higher rates and it is under 10%. Does not sound watered down( these are also the lowest acceptance rates in their history). What is the acceptance rate at your treasured schools?

From the Money article...
5. Stanford 7%
13. Cal 22%
31. UCLA 27%

FWIW, 1. Babson 29%

Note: None of the ranking lists are objective - they tweak the criteria until the top results look correct to them.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Mark H » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:05 pm

All great schools. Fit being more important than a semi subjective rating.
Mark H

PreviousNext

Return to College Softball