Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

NESCAC outlaws booing

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by exD1dad » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:48 pm

I remember 90066's DD who only wanted to play D1 or nothing(look for that old thread), there's lots of DD's like that. Having played a sport that ended after NCAA's I can empathize with all DD's, having had my own "moment of clarity" when the ref walked off the mat to take a dump in the middle of the biggest match of my life against a 3 time all american, looking around the gym & seeing less than 100 spectators (mostly wrestlers long out of the tourney & coaches/trainers etc) & having wrestled in front of 500 to 3000 twice a week for 3 years in HS I asked myself "what the f_$k am I doing?" ankle taped & in pain, wrist taped & hurting too...my answer..because I love it! It's that simple. Now I knew there were plenty of studs in Dlll in my time & ATWT you're an idiot if you really think what you're saying is true. I think your jealous that either you or yr DD isn't smart enough to attend a prestigious school so you knock it, I could be wrong but anyone who bashes education needs to have their head examined. Your perception of "smug" could also be viewed as FACT by many. Tons of programs don't allow certain majors (since players can't meet lab requirements) other top schools "steer" athletes to majors that are sport friendly, that is nothing new & is, has & will continue to be done across the board for men & women (just like the lowering of academic standards for athletes). Lastly, it is a fact certain companies only recruit grads fro certain Universities & my quick glance of SEC & other top Softball schools majors found an inordinate number of Sports Science majors,

Why does USMA have the highest % of millionaires? They have an alumni association that contacts the kid when they are ready to leave & they place them geographically with what they desire to do(just like Ivy's certain companies only look for these individuals), well they are proven leaders & West Point is a top engineers school. :D
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:03 am

exD1dad wrote:I remember 90066's DD who only wanted to play D1 or nothing(look for that old thread), there's lots of DD's like that. Having played a sport that ended after NCAA's I can empathize with all DD's, having had my own "moment of clarity" when the ref walked off the mat to take a dump in the middle of the biggest match of my life against a 3 time all american, looking around the gym & seeing less than 100 spectators (mostly wrestlers long out of the tourney & coaches/trainers etc) & having wrestled in front of 500 to 3000 twice a week for 3 years in HS I asked myself "what the f_$k am I doing?" ankle taped & in pain, wrist taped & hurting too...my answer..because I love it! It's that simple. Now I knew there were plenty of studs in Dlll in my time & ATWT you're an idiot if you really think what you're saying is true. I think your jealous that either you or yr DD isn't smart enough to attend a prestigious school so you knock it, I could be wrong but anyone who bashes education needs to have their head examined. Your perception of "smug" could also be viewed as FACT by many. Tons of programs don't allow certain majors (since players can't meet lab requirements) other top schools "steer" athletes to majors that are sport friendly, that is nothing new & is, has & will continue to be done across the board for men & women (just like the lowering of academic standards for athletes). Lastly, it is a fact certain companies only recruit grads fro certain Universities & my quick glance of SEC & other top Softball schools majors found an inordinate number of Sports Science majors,

Why does USMA have the highest % of millionaires? They have an alumni association that contacts the kid when they are ready to leave & they place them geographically with what they desire to do(just like Ivy's certain companies only look for these individuals), well they are proven leaders & West Point is a top engineers school. :D

U.S. News and World Report just came out with their college rankings and I quickly looked at the top 25 National Universities on the list. 22 were Dl and 3 were Dlll. Hmmm. Did you know that some Dlll's have checkered accreditation issues and the diplomas might only be worth the paper they are written on, and spending $40k on tuition doesn't make them better just because they accepted DD. There are many excellent Dlll schools out there. Please do your homework.

Interesting how the NCAA has academic standards and prerequisites for participation for their Dl student/athletes, but NCAA Dlll has none.

Only an idiot would make their academic case for Dlll's using a Dl as an example. West Point is a Dl and the only one that offers Dl softball. Annapolis and the Air Force academy offer club softball and Coast Guard is Dlll. West Point is not for everyone, but it blows away any Dlll school. West Point does have that commitment thing after the yearling year which puts cadets on the hook for the two remaining years plus the five of service. Not bad for $300,000 worth of education. I do hear appointments reflect the current administrations view on diversity and I am not talking skin color or M/F, far from the traditional institution it was in the past.

You Dlll fellas get blasted because you say it's academics over softball, and I am fine with that, it should be, but in the same breath say that D3 ball is as good as Dl. It is not. You may have 3 or 4 stud players and bunch of average ones.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by jonriv » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:09 am

Perhaps you should look at the Money Magazine rankings as well as the rankings on ROI

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/29/upsho ... 0002&abg=1

Also the Merchant Marine Academy is DIII
jonriv

by exD1dad » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:45 am

ATWT reread my post I never said D3 was as good as D1, on the contrary. I compared a Dl with an Honor code to Dlll's , then elaborated duh... didn't you learn reading comprehension in school? the discussion is booing & you don't need to school me on USMC, but I am interested to lean how you know (or have inside info) on your allegation that gays are getting into academies & what are you basing that on ????? I think your full of crap by implying admissions is catering to gays as they are roughly 4% of the population & like African American's (who make up a disproportionate minority number in the entertainment business 40+% compared to a 10% of the population), gays are vocal, political & media insiders & very much a "hot topic" in today's society getting their agenda "out" pun intended :D .

My brother didn't get into the Naval Academy back in '76 & my mother always blamed it on the fact that it was the 1st year women got in (close to 80% washed out) but his son went on to USMA
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Mark H » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:57 am

Clearly a flawed list with Stanford and Dartmouth not being at the top. ;)

Seriously, unless I wanted to be POTUS or FLOTUS I'd go to Dartmouth over any other Ivy for several reasons though any of them are certainly an elite education. As to DIII, Williams seems to be special and has a great coach who has been offered D1 jobs but loves Williams. Very smart coach on all items including hitting.

Lots of variables with athletic ability, academic ability, goals, temperament etc, etc affecting the best fit for any particular girl. Let everyone be proud of their DD and if they push the bragging limit a little then let it go.
Mark H

by jonriv » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:58 am

The tufts coach is a protege of the Williams coach. Both excellent

As far as Dartmouth, any school that has its own ski slopes and was one of the inspirations for animal house can't be too bad :D
jonriv

by Mark H » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Exactly.

Dartmouth is huge on the outdoors. This guy is one of their models.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ledyard
Mark H

by as the world turns » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:34 pm

The Ivy's, cesspools of the progressive education experience for a mere $60K a year, what a deal!

http://nypost.com/2014/04/18/sex-booze-and-quotas-the-troubles-at-dartmouth/
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Mark H » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:08 pm

I see your Google's not broke. Don't believe everything you read in the media but thanks for your thoughtful nuanced comment. Are the Ivy schools PC? Yes. IME Dartmouth is the least offensive Ivy in this area. Very few schools these days aren't PC, If you feel strongly about this and your child is more easily swayed than some you might want to send her to Hillsdale or some such. As for 60K no one pays retail anywhere except the wealthy. You will pay EFC or less as you know.
Mark H

by jonriv » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:21 pm

as the world turns wrote:The Ivy's, cesspools of the progressive education experience for a mere $60K a year, what a deal!

http://nypost.com/2014/04/18/sex-booze-and-quotas-the-troubles-at-dartmouth/

Guess your kids did not get in ther either :D Way too much hate world
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to College Softball