Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

NESCAC outlaws booing

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by jonriv » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:48 pm

ontheblack wrote:
jonriv wrote:
Nescac games are not like an ohio michigan football game. These are small schools with small facilities where fans and alumnae from both sides are just as likely to socialize with each other. They believe in strong and rigorous competition, but a strong focus on sportsmanship and civility- not sure what's wrong with that?

Then why the need for the rule?

Oh wait. It must be the new money crowd. When will these nouveau riche upstarts learn that money doesn't buy class?

You might be right :D

My guess the conference had experienced enough issues to send out a not so subtle reminder what the expectations of conduct are. There are similar announcements before everyone of my dd's games( of course no booing reference).
jonriv

by exD1dad » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:35 am

As the world turns ..really? really? I saw Stanford play worst than my DD's Socal Dlll HS team last year & I saw Oregon's ss make 2 errors in a Pac 12 game that were routine plays. I'm shocked you would make a comment like this. Kinda seems out of character. Obviously you yourself were on a D1 top ten team in some sport, earned All American Status, turned professional & then was a world champion :lol:

OTB "old money" has & will always bitch about the nouveau riche :D
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:42 am

exD1dad wrote:As the world turns ..really? really? I saw Stanford play worst than my DD's Socal Dlll HS team last year & I saw Oregon's ss make 2 errors in a Pac 12 game that were routine plays. I'm shocked you would make a comment like this. Kinda seems out of character. Obviously you yourself were on a D1 top ten team in some sport, earned All American Status, turned professional & then was a world champion :lol:

Don't mind ATWT, he's just trying to get a rise out of Jonriv for some posts on this thread and a few others. He's not actually as ignorant as he sounds and certainly knows that there are some very good players at the D3 level.

My DD will likely play D3 in 2016 and she has proved she can play with anyone in the country.

Again, ATWT has a personal agenda here. That is all.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:21 am

ontheblack wrote:
jonriv wrote:Nescac games are not like an ohio michigan football game. These are small schools with small facilities where fans and alumnae from both sides are just as likely to socialize with each other. They believe in strong and rigorous competition, but a strong focus on sportsmanship and civility- not sure what's wrong with that?

Then why the need for the rule?

NESCAC wants to prevent the rise of soccer booligans. ;)
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:23 am

NESCAC wants to prevent the rise of soccer booligans.

Nice one PDAD!- I like the pun and soccer reference :D
jonriv

by as the world turns » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:24 am

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
exD1dad wrote:As the world turns ..really? really? I saw Stanford play worst than my DD's Socal Dlll HS team last year & I saw Oregon's ss make 2 errors in a Pac 12 game that were routine plays. I'm shocked you would make a comment like this. Kinda seems out of character. Obviously you yourself were on a D1 top ten team in some sport, earned All American Status, turned professional & then was a world champion :lol:

Don't mind ATWT, he's just trying to get a rise out of Jonriv for some posts on this thread and a few others. He's not actually as ignorant as he sounds and certainly knows that there are some very good players at the D3 level.

My DD will likely play D3 in 2016 and she has proved she can play with anyone in the country.

"Some" would be a correct assessment.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by jonriv » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Some???

Even at the DIII level just about everyone on the field/bench was one of if not the best player in their town/high school. They may not be the same "top" talent that you find at a Power 5 DI(which are some of the top talent in the world) but they still represent some excellent players, The number of College Softball players is relatively small and as been mentioned before only 3% of HS players go on to play in college. Put it down if thats what makes you feel better about yourself.
jonriv

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:15 pm

as the world turns wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:

Why did you edit your post to delete the assumption about the PGF champs being able to beat the best in D3 (or something like that)?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:39 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:

Why did you edit your post to delete the assumption about the PGF champs being able to beat the best (I said 99%) in D3 (or something like that)?

Since you asked, I decided to omit a possible obvious fact, you Dlll fellas can live in your rose colored world.
I really have no problem with Dlll's, to each their own. Not you FP05, but when I hear the other Dlll smugs bag on the rest of the softball world about having kinesiology degrees or the fact that someday they will be the bosses of the other college players or that their $60k a year college will make them so much more money than the other non-east coast colleges, someone needs to call them out and sh*t on their parade. I have more respect for a Dl player with the rigors of a tough academic calendar while trying to maintain a scholarship, I think that is more of a real life experience.

We don't Boo because we are better, please. It gets old.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by jonriv » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:56 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:

Why did you edit your post to delete the assumption about the PGF champs being able to beat the best (I said 99%) in D3 (or something like that)?

Since you asked, I decided to omit a possible obvious fact, you Dlll fellas can live in your rose colored world.
I really have no problem with Dlll's, to each their own. Not you FP05, but when I hear the other Dlll smugs bag on the rest of the softball world about having kinesiology degrees or the fact that someday they will be the bosses of the other college players or that their $60k a year college will make them so much more money than the other non-east coast colleges, someone needs to call them out and sh*t on their parade. I have more respect for a Dl player with the rigors of a tough academic calendar while trying to maintain a scholarship, I think that is more of a real life experience.
We don't Boo because we are better, please. It gets old.

Not sure who is wearing the rose colored glasses? :?

My point out the pluses of diviii because there are so many that love to dismiss it on this site. I will always continue to push the virtues of smaller schools and some of the advantages they provide. I do not do to disparage D1 schools. There are obviously some outstanding institutions through out the country. I also believe that there are quite a few on this site that put athletics ahead of academics an IMO that is a mistake. Yes I pay $60k a year, fortunately we did save over the years but it is still a burden. It is a burden that appears to be worthwhile. My dd is getting a class a education and has had two excellent summer internships that hopefully will become a career upon graduation. I do take offense that she somehow did not get recruited or bought her way on the team, nothing could be further from the truth.

My major beef with the original posts in this string was the inference that the NESCAC( which is not my dd's conference) was somehow like some trophies for all youth league

Btw. The " working for us" was a comment from Harvard, a di school
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to College Softball