Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

College club softball is national - who knew?

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by PDad » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:21 pm

I'd heard about college club teams, but didn't know there was a national association and world series.

National Club Softball Assn is holding their WS May 16-18 in Columbus, GA. Check out the schools with teams - http://www.clubsoftball.org/Standings.aspx
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Uconn club team is virtually an Allstate team of my dd's former high school conference. I would bet they would give uconn's varsity some trouble if they played :D A lot of girls that wanted to go to big school and still play, but were not recruited by a big school
jonriv

by BAM2 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:38 am

Amazing in itself, USC ( Trojans ) do not have a team in the Pac 12 but has a club softball team. Rumor has it, they are working on it......Losing a lot of talent in the local area. I'm sure they would have no problem getting recruits to commit there.
BAM2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hit4power » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:45 am

Amazing in itself, USC ( Trojans ) do not have a team in the Pac 12 but has a club softball team.

My older kid graduated from there a couple years back. At a parent event I ran into one of the Asst AD's and brought up the fact that they had no softball program in spite of sitting at ground zero for national talent. The story I got was lack of space for a field (they sure don't lack for money). One of these days a wealthy alum will approach them b/c his granddaughter plays softball and it will happen. If Spielberg or Viterbi had had a daughter who played ball, it already would have happened...
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by All-American SB » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:20 am

UCLA's club team record 0-21. I guess not to many of the girls who try to go to UCLA and walk-on to the NCAA team play for the club team.
All-American SB

by PDad » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:27 pm

I looked at the conference game results and apparently UCLA and NAU didn't get teams together this year and CSUN only played the first week against Merced. All of the wins by those teams along with SJ St and USC were by forfeit. Davis, Merced and Irvine are the only ones to win an actual game.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to College Softball