Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

College rain outs

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by Safebyahare » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:30 pm

Do college conferences make up rain out games in your are?? Does conference allow?
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:10 am

For my DDs conference- all efforts are made to re-schedule conference games after a rain-out. Not that difficult due to the proximity of the schools. It is amazing how much rain they will actually play through. Conference games are so important for figuring out seeding for the conference champion ships. Non- conference games are made up if possible. Most of her main season non-conference games are with regional teams. Rain-outs down in Florida are a different story. I know the tournament makes all efforts to make sure the games happen, but weather can mess that up. Again, I have seen them play through monsoon like conditions.
jonriv

by Luther » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:20 am

The school that my daughter will be attending has had a few of their conference games rained out.

The note said they will "attempt" to reschedule the games but it did not say when/how.

While the teams are in the same conference the proximity is not very close to each other.
Luther

by Fredegar » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 am

Most D1 conferences do NOT makeup rainouts, unless they can easily reschedule another time that same weekend. Otherwise, it's just not possible. Every weekend from late-April to early-May is spent with conference games, so there's no time. Yes, it affects seeding, especially if one school gets lucky enough that rainouts happen against good teams. And yes, some teams wind up having played more conference games than others, due to rainouts. In those cases, they seed based on winning %.
Fredegar

by jonriv » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:40 am

I would agree- in the conferences that are spread geographically- make ups would have to be made over the same weekend. My guess, like what I have witnessed- they will play through some pretty nasty weatehr unless it is completely unplayable
jonriv

Return to College Softball