Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

DI vs DIII games in season

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by jonriv » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:49 pm

DonnieS wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:They play every year. Cornell usually wins, but Ithaca won last year on a grand slam, then 2nd game was cancelled. Probably don't see it a lot but in this case it looks like a traditional crosstown rivalry type of thing, and Ithaca isn't that big by any stretch.

JR, one of my kids plays for Cornell, #25, she caught for me for about 5 years and she was the high school catcher , I believe for all 4 years. She is a great kid - dad's a coach/teacher, mom is a cpa, the family is full of overachievers. She does not do well at show case's but to me and and her parents, we thought this was just awesome for her. I was her science fair judge when she was in 2nd grade, it was me and a civil engineer - you ever see two so called professionals - talked down to by a 2nd grader. She is my DD1's best friend - and like a said a great kid. Will you see this game?

No, was checking out Ithaca's schedule because a girl my daughter played with in TB is a Freshman there, A couple of girls my DD played against also go there.

Long haul from Texas to be "High above Cayuga's waters"
jonriv

by DonnieS » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:07 pm

jonriv wrote:
DonnieS wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:They play every year. Cornell usually wins, but Ithaca won last year on a grand slam, then 2nd game was cancelled. Probably don't see it a lot but in this case it looks like a traditional crosstown rivalry type of thing, and Ithaca isn't that big by any stretch.

JR, one of my kids plays for Cornell, #25, she caught for me for about 5 years and she was the high school catcher , I believe for all 4 years. She is a great kid - dad's a coach/teacher, mom is a cpa, the family is full of overachievers. She does not do well at show case's but to me and and her parents, we thought this was just awesome for her. I was her science fair judge when she was in 2nd grade, it was me and a civil engineer - you ever see two so called professionals - talked down to by a 2nd grader. She is my DD1's best friend - and like a said a great kid. Will you see this game?

No, was checking out Ithaca's schedule because a girl my daughter played with in TB is a Freshman there, A couple of girls my DD played against also go there.

Long haul from Texas to be "High above Cayuga's waters"

Yea, she has struggled with SAD, found some kind of light for her dorm that has been helpful. The short days, long winters, tough for a kid from a sunshine area. She grew up about 200 meters from where we farmed when I was a kid. When I asked her to work on improving her speed (?), her dad took her out in the fields and had her run against the furroughs - 50 meter sprints out there. Actually worked - every bit of ability she has, she worked her butt off to acquire, she said that's why she loves my DD1 so much, opposites.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:22 am

Trophy Hunter wrote:Well there's RPI which ranks 289 D-1 softball programs. And I'll compare whatever the eff I want to compare, thank you very much. You don't like it then don't read it. The fact you dont know about RPI shows the value of your input.

Yes, there is the RPI, I forgot. I just look at the top 25 because after that, does it really matter? OMG, my DD's school moved 250 something to 240 something, wow, let me call grandma! :lol: :roll:
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

Previous

Return to College Softball