Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Information on Texas Women's University?

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by CrushersDad » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Can anyone give me information on Texas Women's University? DD is being offered a scholarship there and we would like any information that you might have.

Thank you!!!
CrushersDad

by Fredegar » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:03 am

Sorry, I can't help. But you might get more responses if you repost on the TX board, which can be found in Regional News.
Fredegar

by DP3816 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:46 am

http://www.facebook.com/groups/101933576539874/?fref=ts

This is a link to the TWU Softball Facebook Group.

Maybe this will help you. Best of luck to your DD!
DP3816

by Luther » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 am

I am sure you have this basic information but I thought I would add it anyway.

TWU - The largest state-supported university for women in the United States. TWU’s nursing doctoral program is the largest in the world.[

Undergraduates
Postgraduates

NCAA Division 2 team that plays in the Lone Star Conference.

2012 Record:
• Record: 37-17 • Home: 20-10 • Away: 11-7 • Neutral: 6-0 • LSC: 18-8 •

The school is presently divided into five colleges:

1.College of Arts and Sciences encompasses the School for the Arts which supports programs in music, art and dance and the School of Management, which confers business degrees including the M.B.A.. The bulk of the college is academic departments including English, Speech, and Foreign Languages, Psychology and Philosophy, History and Government, Chemistry and Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science, Sociology and Social Work, and other liberal arts programs awarding undergraduate degrees through the college.

2.College of Professional Education encompasses Departments of Family Sciences, Reading and Teacher Education, and the School of Library & Information Studies.

3.College of Health Sciences is supported at the Houston and Dallas campuses and includes the Schools of Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy. Programs in Health Care Administration and Nutrition are also included in this college.

4.College of Nursing was established in 1954, and is the 5th oldest Doctoral program in Nursing in the United States. TWU’s College of Nursing is the largest in Texas and the 11th largest in the U.S. TWU’s nursing doctoral program is the largest in the world.[2] The College of Nursing offers programs on the baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral level. In addition to the generic Bachelor of Science program for students with no prior degree, there is a weekend program for students who already have a Bachelor's Degree; the school also has a Registered Nurse to Baccalaureate program (RN to BS) and a Registered Nurse to Master's Program (RN to MS). The school is very competitive with the cut off GPA frequently at 4.0. The College of Nursing has campuses in Houston and Dallas.

5.Graduate School functions as a separate unit of the university. It was originally established in response to the increased demand for woman's graduate education. The Graduate School processes graduate admissions to the university and subsequent academic affairs, including degrees in a variety of liberal arts programs.
Luther

by Luther » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:55 am

BTW,... is your DD a pitcher?

I am asking because it looks like 100% of the team is from Texas except for a single pitcher from Palmdale.
Luther

by CrushersDad » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:41 am

Luther wrote:BTW,... is your DD a pitcher?

I am asking because it looks like 100% of the team is from Texas except for a single pitcher from Palmdale.

Haha, I noticed that too; and yes, DD is a pitcher. When She saw that nearly everyone is from TX, she said that she would have to get used to the "Texas Twang"!

I appreciate all of the good information here. Most I knew, some I didn't.

We're trying to arrange a visit before the end of the signing period (next Wednesday). If DD likes what she sees and DW and I like the package offered, she will likely commit.
CrushersDad

by J_O_E » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:52 am

Great school, great area. Close to the big cities of Dallas or Fort Worth, but far enough out for a small town feel. Denton also has University of North Texas, so lots of students. Close to lakes, entertainment...lots of distractions if she's not careful. She'll love it!
J_O_E

by bart16761 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:37 am

Anyone know if they will let the girls pursue nursing and play softball?

Thanks
bart16761
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hit4power » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:50 pm

That's one you'd better ask the coach asap....
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bart16761 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:54 pm

hit4power wrote:

That's one you'd better ask the coach asap....

Will do we have found a couple but mostly the answer is well uh not really or just no.
bart16761
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to College Softball