Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

First practice for DD2-First practice at new school for DD1

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by DonnieS » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:28 pm

My girls are having their first day of practice, DD2 - her first day of college softball practice, DD1 her first day after transferring in. They arent able to practice on the same schedule because of class / lab conflicts on their first day - but will at other times in the week. They have multiple practices , with different girls at different practices on some days, which allows the girls to take the classes (and labs) that the girls need. Its awesome how college coaches understand why the girls are there.

Ask those questions, parents.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:05 pm

Great post Donnie!

My DD said some practices saw girls coming and going throughout due to scheduling issues- not all coaches are understanding, but i the real world the classes ARE more important
jonriv

by DonnieS » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:25 pm

jonriv wrote:Great post Donnie!

My DD said some practices saw girls coming and going throughout due to scheduling issues- not all coaches are understanding, but i the real world the classes ARE more important

If someone tells you you need to need to change your major to play softball at their college - run, dont walk. Dont change a lifetime to fit 4 years into someone else's plan.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 3'sDad » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Donnie: There is a reason The DD's school leads the nation in DI softball GPA, you know.

They get it.
3'sDad

by Blind Squirrel » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Yeah, well my kid's team leads the nation in uniform variations. That's right - #1!

Stephen Hawking Squirrel De La Dumas
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to College Softball