Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Chaminade @ Cal Baptist 3-27

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by oldNlazy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Emma Holden struck out 13 and allowed only 2 hits as Cal Baptist won a run rule victory in the 1st game of the DH.
Chaminade 0 0 0 0 1 0=1- 2-0
CBU 2 2 0 3 1 2=10-12-0

CBU set the tone early on Galinato's double followed by McCann's HR down the RF line. In the 2nd Vasquez singled and went to 2nd on a passed ball. Lynch walked and they both came home on Henry's double down the LF line. Things started out promisingly in the 3rd when the 1st 2 hitters walked but the Silverswords turned a double play to defuse the threat. Chaminade got their 1st hit in the 4th but the next 3 hitters went out in order. Leiser singled to open the Lancer 4th and after a walk to August Henry singled to load the bases. McCann walked to force in a run and a wild pitch scored another. Gorham completed the scoring with an RBI-single up the middle. In the 5th Holden lost her control and it cost her the shutout. A walk, a wild pitch where the runner went all the way to 3rd and another WP scored the run. There was another BB and another WP but no further scoring. CBU still had the mercy in their sights but could score only 1 run in the 5th. That came from an oppo HR to LF by Vasquez which was followed by a walk, WP and an IF hit but August lined into a double play. It only delayed the run rule outcome slightly. Galinato led off the 6th with a single and Gorham blasted a 1-out HR over the LF fence.
oldNlazy

by V'sDad » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:05 am

I know that Cal Baptist is new to Div II and is playing in the PAC West conference. They have a great overall record and are a solid team. Why aren't they ranked in the top 25 of the Div II polls? Is there a waiting period?
V'sDad

by oldNlazy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:21 am

The waiting period is only for playoffs not for rankings. They have been ranked in other sports this year and I think in softball as well. Why they are not now I couldn't say.
oldNlazy

Return to College Softball